Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/8/2003 12:57:19 AM EDT
Just bought a bushy 20" vmatch and going squirrel hunting. I'm looking ways to make it more accurate. Any suggestions from the folks here?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:55:11 AM EDT
Good trigger, good scope, good mounts and good ammo. With those 3 things you will acheive some fantastic groups.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:57:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By new-arguy: Good trigger, good scope, good mounts and good ammo. With those 3 things you will acheive some fantastic groups.
View Quote
Uh... 3 things? [peep]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:58:06 PM EDT
Hahaha...ur an ass tech! =) I have a jp two stage trigger. The scope I'm using is a springfield armory 9x gen 3 scope, and the mount is a one piece b-square ar-15 scope mount. As for ammo, I'm using the win cxp1 as my buddy told me on a previous trip he was using match ammo and it just cut a clean hole through the animal and didn't kill it. What do you guys think of my setup?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:55:16 PM EDT
I use Black Hills 52gr V-max and shoot great groups with it. The one thing I think that really helps my shooting is getting a buttstock weight (solid lead, you can get them from Bushmaster). I find the rifle wiggles less in my hands and recoil is much less so I get to see the little buggers explode. For small critters don't use anything but v-max, other stuff will just punch right through them (even HP!!!) and they wont die quickly.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:58:11 PM EDT
[BD] I sort of count the scope and the mounts as 1 item!
Top Top