Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2003 10:57:52 AM EDT
Its a preban 20" with sight post no HG's no upper.
Says on top:
CMP 1:7 NATO

Its only had a few rounds through it and is in 99%.

Im not sure what color lable or box you colt guys call it but whats a decent price that I should offer for it?
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#1]
$150 would be a good price, anything under that would be very good.  I wouldn't be shocked if it ran you closer to $250.

You might want to take a look at Bushmaster barrels as well for a similar barrel at a reduced price.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I've thousands of rounds thru "mismatched" barrels and M4 upper receivers.  Has made no difference whatsoever.  Could be problems in theory, of course, but not in practice.  

Easy to Dremel (new verb) the notch in any barrel if you have problems, real or perceived.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually that would be OK too as you could have the feed ramps cut to match the receiver and not cut into the anodising of the upper.  Cost = $30
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Check to see if the Colt's barrel is chromelined before paying anything for it.  They don't chrome many of their commercial barrels and these markings appear to be non-military (unless you only quoted part of them).
-- Chuck
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 12:33:14 AM EDT
[#7]
In my experience too MSTN.

A barrel with "4" barrel extension will/has worked fine in a non "4" upper but the reverse, on multiple occasions has not.

The round feeds under the bottom of the barrel extension (particularly on shorties) and into the "4" cut in the upper.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 6:15:47 AM EDT
[#8]
M4,

I just purchased one off the EE for $160 shipped.  

HTH - Marc
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:39:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the help gents.

SO what are the problems that come out of the "mis matched" barrles?
What symptoms would I have?

BTW:I am getting the barreld offered to me for $165. Sounds like a good price to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top