Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2003 5:23:31 PM EDT
I apologize if this has been asked before, but who makes the best M4-type handguards (taller, oval) for a 16" carbine, and where do I get them? Bushmaster? Colt?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushy, Cavalry Arms and many others make them other than Colt, while Colt's have double heat shileds others have single heat shield. From what I hear Cavalry Arms' handguards fit better than Colt's [url]www.cavalryarms.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a set from CAV arms on my carbine AR.
They look and fit PERFECT ! [:D]
[url]http://www.cavalryarms.com/C4.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 11:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]
CavArms makes the nicest ones, and they hold up to a lot of abuse.  You won't be disappointed if you get them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:25:13 AM EDT
[#4]
CAVARMS!!!!!! I received mine in 4 days and I live in Finland!!! Great looking handguards!!! I should have ordered 2 pairs!!!

Regards,
Petri
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:49:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have to disagree about the fit of Colt M4 handguards, and Cav. Arms version thereof.

The best fitting M4 handguards I've ever owned have been Colt.  They're on the shiny side, but they are DOUBLE HEATSHIELDED and fit like a glove!  The Cav. Arms ones I tried were on the flimsy side in comparison.

I'm not bashing Cav. Arms, because I own a few sets of their furniture sets and am quite satisfied.  But when it comes to M4 handguards, there are no better than Colt, IMHO...
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#8]
.....and that is why a picture is worth a thousand words.  On a side note, my duty weapon is a Colt, and I'm glad someone was impressed with the Colt handguards, because I sure wasn't! I'm not Colt bashing, I love my rifle, but the CavArms handguards really are that much better.

I don't care about names, I care about ability and performance of the equipment.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
.....and that is why a picture is worth a thousand words.  On a side note, my duty weapon is a Colt, and I'm glad someone was impressed with the Colt handguards, because I sure wasn't! I'm not Colt bashing, I love my rifle, but the CavArms handguards really are that much better.

I don't care about names, I care about ability and performance of the equipment.
View Quote

Since I am obviously out numbered here, I will add a disclaimer.  The last time I tried a set of Cav. Arms M4 handguards was about 2 years ago.  All I can remember was how flimsy they felt.  Perhaps the new ones are different.  I just received a set of Coyote Brown furniture for my A2 and absolutely love it!  It fit's nice and tight and the handguards are equal to, or nicer, than the Bushy furniture it replaced.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top