Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/31/2003 5:09:34 AM EDT
i,ve been overwhelmed with too much ar stuff.i have a bushy a2 with an m4 barrel and hand guards. i want to convert the upper to an a3.i want to use iron sights and a scope and some kind or ras with grip.my shooting will be within 100m or less and mostly target and plinking.i,ve been looking at this for quite a while and developed complete brain lock.please offer any solutions .thanks zo6tech
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 8:36:05 AM EDT
ARMS #40, Aimpoint ML2 in ARMS #22M68 with cantilever spacer, or GG&G Cantilever Mount. My 0.02...
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 10:21:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bsbg: ARMS #40, Aimpoint ML2 in ARMS #22M68 with cantilever spacer ...
View Quote
For 35 to 150 yards sounds like the perfect default setup. I have a couple of the Aimpoints, which I like for general use on the M16A1 (find the larger dot on the Aimpoint is a little better IMO than the Eotech under low contrast / wide ranges of lighting). Friends make a case for the Eotech at close range (20 yards) where you use the large ring (65 moa is just under a foot in diameter at this distance) and at over 100 yards and/or when shooting tin can, where the 1 MOA dot of the Eotech might be an advantage over the 4 MOA dot on the Aimpoint. If you were shooting a little farther away with iron sights could consider the ARMs #40a (full small apperature) and for even farther one of Knights 600 meter sights (which makes a good longer ranger iron sight but not that great under 100 yards as no large apperature).
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 12:47:33 PM EDT
thanks for the help.i,ve decided to keep the bushy like it is.i have a colt mt6400c on order and will put a scope on it.
Top Top