Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2003 10:54:11 PM EDT
I have a complete ASA lower that I bought 4 years ago before I heard all the horror stories.  I'm going to order a RRA Varmint upper for it so I can do some p-doggin and paper punchin.

Would anyone that has tried to fit RRA and ASA halves together tell me how (or if) they fit well?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have that exact combo (RRA heavy barrel upper/ASA lower) and it fits perfectly and the color is an exact match.  It appears as though my ASA upper was made by RRA, although I don't know about earlier ones.  It looks identical in every way, including the shallow shelf in the area where an accu wedge is placed.  If the guy I bought has another, I'm getting it for my next build, although I won't touch their other stuff.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
The problems associated with the ASA products, are NOT associated with their lowers.  I have shot, owned, and assembled some weapons using ASA stripped lowers.  All of them were first class in fit, finish, and function.  I wish that I could say that about the rest of the ASA hardware that I have seen.  Your going to be fine with the ASA lower.  Your resale value is going to take a huge hit, but your weapon will be good to go.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 11:08:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, gentlemen.  I will then go forth and place my order for the RRA upper!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#5]
You have the right idea in avoiding ASA uppers like the plague.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I have that combination and it works great.  The ASA has a smoother texture than the RRA, but the color is very similar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top