Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/29/2003 10:54:11 PM EDT
I have a complete ASA lower that I bought 4 years ago before I heard all the horror stories. I'm going to order a RRA Varmint upper for it so I can do some p-doggin and paper punchin.

Would anyone that has tried to fit RRA and ASA halves together tell me how (or if) they fit well?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 4:52:14 PM EDT
I have that exact combo (RRA heavy barrel upper/ASA lower) and it fits perfectly and the color is an exact match. It appears as though my ASA upper was made by RRA, although I don't know about earlier ones. It looks identical in every way, including the shallow shelf in the area where an accu wedge is placed. If the guy I bought has another, I'm getting it for my next build, although I won't touch their other stuff.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 8:02:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 8:34:55 PM EDT
The problems associated with the ASA products, are NOT associated with their lowers. I have shot, owned, and assembled some weapons using ASA stripped lowers. All of them were first class in fit, finish, and function. I wish that I could say that about the rest of the ASA hardware that I have seen. Your going to be fine with the ASA lower. Your resale value is going to take a huge hit, but your weapon will be good to go.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 11:08:53 PM EDT
Thanks, gentlemen. I will then go forth and place my order for the RRA upper!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:27:27 AM EDT
You have the right idea in avoiding ASA uppers like the plague.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:01:52 PM EDT
I have that combination and it works great. The ASA has a smoother texture than the RRA, but the color is very similar.
Top Top