Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2003 1:54:26 AM EDT
Hello,

Anyone have one the stubby stocks? Are these any good? I mean is the stock too short? I'm a small guy and it can work for me...although I suspect it might be too short for people over 6' All info appreciated. Pics welcome!!

Regards,
Petri
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:44:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:54:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been using one for about 6 months now.  I'm only about 5'8" with short arms, and the short stock by itself is too short for me.  

Like Wes said, the shorty with a 1" extension works.  In fact, I like this better than the A2 stock if you're not shooting prone.  It's a little short for the prone position.  

Wes can set you up or DPMS makes a 1" extension as well.
Scott
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm 6'6" and have one on my lightweight rifle.  It takes a little getting used to, but I like how compact and lightweight the rifle is with it.  Makes for a very handy up close and personal weapon, especially with the EoTech I have mounted on it...
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
THE ROCK RIVER TACTICAL STOCK WITH A KAC 1" STOCK EXTENSION IS A VERY WORKABLE COMBINATION.

WES
View Quote

Would this be about the same length as an M4 with the stock half extended?  Got any pics?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:46:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I had one and loved the length for close-up shooting but it was sub-par in a tactical carbine class for shooting prone, sitting and kneeling.I replaced it with a Cavarms A1 length stock and noticed a big difference in accuracy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top