Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/29/2003 1:54:26 AM EDT
Hello,

Anyone have one the stubby stocks? Are these any good? I mean is the stock too short? I'm a small guy and it can work for me...although I suspect it might be too short for people over 6' All info appreciated. Pics welcome!!

Regards,
Petri
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:44:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:54:10 AM EDT
I have been using one for about 6 months now. I'm only about 5'8" with short arms, and the short stock by itself is too short for me. Like Wes said, the shorty with a 1" extension works. In fact, I like this better than the A2 stock if you're not shooting prone. It's a little short for the prone position. Wes can set you up or DPMS makes a 1" extension as well. Scott
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:31:32 AM EDT
I'm 6'6" and have one on my lightweight rifle. It takes a little getting used to, but I like how compact and lightweight the rifle is with it. Makes for a very handy up close and personal weapon, especially with the EoTech I have mounted on it...
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:36:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MSTN: THE ROCK RIVER TACTICAL STOCK WITH A KAC 1" STOCK EXTENSION IS A VERY WORKABLE COMBINATION. WES
View Quote
Would this be about the same length as an M4 with the stock half extended? Got any pics?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:46:01 AM EDT
I had one and loved the length for close-up shooting but it was sub-par in a tactical carbine class for shooting prone, sitting and kneeling.I replaced it with a Cavarms A1 length stock and noticed a big difference in accuracy.
Top Top