Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2003 7:17:59 PM EDT
I don't shoot DCM, but I've got a two stage on my M1A and I like it!   How hard is the installation on the AR?  (Better preface this by saying that I'm not mechanically inclindedin the least  ! )
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a Rock River,piece of cake 10 minute install.You'll like it!
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#2]
My KAC 2 stage was the first 2 stage trigger I ever installed.  It took me about 10-15 min.  If I had to do another it would take about 5 min or less.  This takes NO SKILL to do.  Dont sweat it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My KAC 2 stage was the first 2 stage trigger I ever installed.  It took me about 10-15 min.  If I had to do another it would take about 5 min or less.  This takes NO SKILL to do.  Dont sweat it.
View Quote

What kind of tools are needed?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 3:39:14 PM EDT
[#4]
None.  I used a Bic Pen to start the pins out and used my fingers for installation.  Swapping the heavy spring in the KAC unit for the light one required needle nosed pliers.  It really is as simple as I am making it out to be.  At least the KAC unit is.  It comes preset and Loctited into the correct seting and has a cheater pin to hold everything together during assembly.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, DevL.   I was looking at Bushmaster's but I'll check out the KAC.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#6]
If you were looking at Bushmaster, you are going to be shocked at the price of the KAC unit.  That said, all my two stage triggers are KAC, especially my M16 trigger.  As easy to install as DevL said.  Pull the KAC trigger and you will know what all that money went towards. IMHO, the only caveats that can disqualify the KAC, money aside, is the SHTF factor (set screws, and is a subject of much debate (I'll call virtual bull$hit), and those that prefer single stage.

As far as the Bushy trigger, don't waste your money, make your last choice the RRA trigger - a good value for the money and a decent trigger - and go up from there.

P.S. If you get the KAC, and decide you don't like it, I'll buy it from you at a used price [;)]

Edited to say:  That last line was a waste of typing cause it ain't gonna happen!
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:26:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Just to echo what has already been said, the KAC is probably the best two stage trigger.  It costs $250-300 depending on where you find one.  

The RRA is a good unit at $100 or so.  Even better is an RRA tuned by John Holliger at White Oak precision.  For $115, you get a crisp, two stage unit that many competition shooters swear by.  Mine is pretty sweet, but I have not actually fired it yet.

Installation requires a punch (or Bic pen) and 10-15 minutes.  A schemtic from the technical manual is helpful in case the spring has been put on backwards on your Holliger RRA, like mine was...

The KAC comes pre-assembled with a slave pin and is virtually idiot proof.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:12:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks, DevL.   I was looking at Bushmaster's but I'll check out the KAC.
View Quote

You DO NOT want the Bushmaster two stage, it is a POS. You do NOT get what you pay for. If you do not believe this, go over to the competitions board and any other highpower board and ask about it. It will crap out sooner than later. They are a PITA to keep adjusted and cleaned and lubed. It is made of modified stock trigger parts and when it craps out it either turns into a hair trigger or one with about 15 lbs. of pull.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#9]
How well does the Armalite NM 2 stage trigger rate ??
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How well does the Armalite NM 2 stage trigger rate ??
View Quote

The Armalite is not bad, but for less money you can get the Rock River which is almost a duplicate of the Armalite.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top