Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2003 10:33:33 PM EDT
FYI, to anyone interested.

Cheaper Than Dirt has the Fobus M44 4 Rail Carbine Handguards on Sale for $80.  Can't beat that price.  I'd be ordering if I hadn't just bought a Holosight and a ARMS #40.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Just looked a little further and saw that the rifle length ones are $100.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure you get the new production units with the much stiffer material -- won't flex nearly as much as the early ones.  The new units come with the easy to fit soft rubber covers for the rails.  I've had a set of the new type since they first came out, along with their very ergo PG on a suppressed COMPAK-16 and it functions perfect.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Make sure you get the new production units with the much stiffer material -- won't flex nearly as much as the early ones.  The new units come with the easy to fit soft rubber covers for the rails.  I've had a set of the new type since they first came out, along with their very ergo PG on a suppressed COMPAK-16 and it functions perfect.  
View Quote

He's talking about the 4 rail handguards.I believe they all come with the rubber rail covers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I get the impression that the early ones did not come with the rubber covers.  The instructions I got with an M33 set said that the covers slid on and off. The rubber covers do not slide, I have to push them on from above.  I like that they are soft rubber - feels good, and easy for me to cut up into sections for custom lengths.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been entertaining the idea of using these handguards to mount a forward grip and maybe a surefire. Would you guys say that this could be a wise route to go with considering I don't need the stability mandated by the use of optics? I'll be adding an Aimpoint, but that'll sit atop my flat-top reciever.
What says you?
Thanks,
B9
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've been entertaining the idea of using these handguards to mount a forward grip and maybe a surefire. Would you guys say that this could be a wise route to go with considering I don't need the stability mandated by the use of optics? I'll be adding an Aimpoint, but that'll sit atop my flat-top reciever.
What says you?
Thanks,
B9
View Quote

I think they are an excellent way to go for your purposes. Take a look on the Equipment exchange, you might get them cheaper from one of the vendors here considering CTD shipping rates.

I got the rifle length m44L for $105 shipped(I've since seen cheaper).

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/049077.jpg[/img]

I considered the FIRSH, but that thing seems like a boat anchor (Heavy) to me, I was trying to stay a  light as possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top