Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/26/2003 10:33:33 PM EDT
FYI, to anyone interested.

Cheaper Than Dirt has the Fobus M44 4 Rail Carbine Handguards on Sale for $80. Can't beat that price. I'd be ordering if I hadn't just bought a Holosight and a ARMS #40.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 10:34:57 PM EDT
Just looked a little further and saw that the rifle length ones are $100.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 7:33:48 PM EDT
Make sure you get the new production units with the much stiffer material -- won't flex nearly as much as the early ones. The new units come with the easy to fit soft rubber covers for the rails. I've had a set of the new type since they first came out, along with their very ergo PG on a suppressed COMPAK-16 and it functions perfect.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 7:51:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mach6: Make sure you get the new production units with the much stiffer material -- won't flex nearly as much as the early ones. The new units come with the easy to fit soft rubber covers for the rails. I've had a set of the new type since they first came out, along with their very ergo PG on a suppressed COMPAK-16 and it functions perfect.
View Quote
He's talking about the 4 rail handguards.I believe they all come with the rubber rail covers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:49:29 PM EDT
I get the impression that the early ones did not come with the rubber covers. The instructions I got with an M33 set said that the covers slid on and off. The rubber covers do not slide, I have to push them on from above. I like that they are soft rubber - feels good, and easy for me to cut up into sections for custom lengths.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:35:44 AM EDT
I've been entertaining the idea of using these handguards to mount a forward grip and maybe a surefire. Would you guys say that this could be a wise route to go with considering I don't need the stability mandated by the use of optics? I'll be adding an Aimpoint, but that'll sit atop my flat-top reciever. What says you? Thanks, B9
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 12:14:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By boricua9mm: I've been entertaining the idea of using these handguards to mount a forward grip and maybe a surefire. Would you guys say that this could be a wise route to go with considering I don't need the stability mandated by the use of optics? I'll be adding an Aimpoint, but that'll sit atop my flat-top reciever. What says you? Thanks, B9
View Quote
I think they are an excellent way to go for your purposes. Take a look on the Equipment exchange, you might get them cheaper from one of the vendors here considering CTD shipping rates. I got the rifle length m44L for $105 shipped(I've since seen cheaper). [img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/049077.jpg[/img] I considered the FIRSH, but that thing seems like a boat anchor (Heavy) to me, I was trying to stay a light as possible.
Top Top