Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/23/2003 8:23:41 AM EDT
I am looking at getting a new upper sans brake for installation after the ban sunset and wondered how much do fh/fs affect accuracy?

Thanks

CRC
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:06:45 AM EDT
Wait. You'll need a threaded muzzle anyway and can't fit one to a post-ban rifle at present. -- Chuck
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:14:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:07:22 PM EDT
Thanks guys but what about a phantom fs? CRC
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:18:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Chuck: Wait. You'll need a threaded muzzle anyway and can't fit one to a post-ban rifle at present. -- Chuck
View Quote
You could get a threaded barrel and stow it away for the sunset and be ok. Probably not a bad idea as there may be a run on such items when the ban sunsets. An alternative is to get the threaded barrel and have a muzzle break attached, then have it taken off and replaced after the ban. This will cost you some money and time, unless you have a local gunsmith who can do it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 4:37:20 PM EDT
_______________________________________ ...but what about a phantom fs? _______________________________________ Yes, what about it ? I am looking for a post ban muzzle break that looks cool and has a positive effect on accuracy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:11:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Wolf_Spyder: _______________________________________ ...but what about a phantom fs? _______________________________________ Yes, what about it ? I am looking for a post ban muzzle break that looks cool and has a positive effect on accuracy.
View Quote
The phantom is not a muzzle brake. It is a flash suppressor and is therefore not "postban". Bob
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:36:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Wolf_Spyder: _______________________________________ ...but what about a phantom fs? _______________________________________ Yes, what about it ? I am looking for a post ban muzzle break that looks cool and has a positive effect on accuracy.
View Quote
The MiCulek Brake is probably the best out there. Check out [url=http://www.cmmginc.com/inventory_a/accessories_tbl.html]CMMG[/url]. [image]http://www.cmmginc.com/cmmg_images/tbl_images/accessories_images/MiCulek_Brake.jpg[/image]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:53:11 AM EDT
An alternative is to get the threaded barrel and have a muzzle break attached, then have it taken off and replaced after the ban. This will cost you some money and time, unless you have a local gunsmith who can do it.
View Quote
I thought it had to be perm attached. IE. no way to stick your flash hider on and go on a killing spree [kill] and then just unscrew and attach muzz break!
Top Top