Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2003 11:13:09 AM EDT
I have a bushy dissipator barrel I want to freefloat. I also want to add a vertical handle forward.  After reviewing al the options out there, it strikes me that a viable, cheap solution might be the following...

Obtain an 'under the handguard' national match float tube with cut plastic covers...add a short rail below for the handguard, drill large 1/2" dia holes in the top of the guard to correspond with the cooling holes in the upper plastic guard....

The net effect... I get a reall effective cooling hanguard which freefloats for slug shooting, had narrow, nornal ergo diameter and looks very much like the stock setup...cost should be low too...

anyone know if there is a NM 'under the guard' float tube available in mid-length?

input or constructive criticism sought....
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard of a DCM handguard that wasn't full length since DCM requires a 20" barrel.

Your Dissipator has a gas port under the handguard so there's no way a DCM tube would fit.

Will a DCM handguard fit over the heavy part of the barrel?

How cheaply are you able to find a DCM handguard?

Link Posted: 8/20/2003 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top