Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2003 12:50:24 PM EDT
[:\] I am  thinking of getting a car-15 parts kit from m-a parts, want to get the preban, so I can have the collapsible stock.  Here's the question:  Can you pin the stock in any position? or does it have to be pinned open position only?  Looked at ATF website and the only thing they mention is not to have a collapsible stock.  So as long as it is above minumum length, it's OK, right?
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you've got a pre-ban lower you can't legally mount a collapsible stock.

E-95
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I want to know why they don't make the stocks pinned in different positions.That way you could choose what length you want.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I want to know why they don't make the stocks pinned in different positions.That way you could choose what length you want.
View Quote

Post-ban "CAR" stocks use standard, rifle length, receiver extensions and rifle buffer/ buffer springs.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
From what I understand, you can pin the stock at any length, as long as it is not "EASILY" converted back into a collapsible stock.  Thus, you would need to use a strong epoxy and blind pins to assure the stock could not be collapsed or  extended with easy modification.  

Link Posted: 8/19/2003 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Just so you guys know, this exact topic has been debated over and over.  The general consensus is that it can be blind pinned and epoxied at any length as long as it is not adjustable.  However, no one knows if this would pass a BATF ruling.  Probably depend on the agent in question and his/her interpretation of the law.

I know that I have no intention of testing the theory.

E-95
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top