Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/18/2003 12:27:49 PM EDT
I need to mount my Harris bipod on my new FIRSH. What (in your opinion) is the best adaptor to do this? There are a few out there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 1:26:46 PM EDT
I use Knight's #98060 Bipod adapter: [img]http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/kac_98060.jpg[/img] It's very solid and not much more than the cheaper plastic [cough]Fobus[/cough] alternatives.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 3:50:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By fizassist: I use Knight's #98060 Bipod adapter: [url]http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/kac_98060.jpg[/url] It's very solid and not much more than the cheaper plastic [cough]Fobus[/cough] alternatives.
View Quote
Nice! Where is a good place to get one? I can't seem to find it at my favorite store, ADCO firearms.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 5:06:05 PM EDT
Either that or the new ARMS bipod adapter. Wes at [url]www.mstn.biz[/url] will have either if either are to be had.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:23:26 PM EDT
One for sale on the EE, can't remember who though Mark
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:32:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2003 5:27:22 AM EDT by DaPhotoGuy]
Originally Posted By new-arguy: Either that or the new ARMS bipod adapter. Wes at [url]www.mstn.biz[/url] will have either if either are to be had.
View Quote
I really like the ARMS throw lever design. Quick on and off. I have the ARMS #22 rings for my scope. Quite a bit more than the Knights but way kewl.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 4:01:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2003 4:08:12 AM EDT by fizassist]
Yeah, the ARMS #32 bipod adapter looks awesome. I was very close to buying one, but then I remembered that my #22M68 aimpoint mount was too loose on the top rail of my FIRSH to use! I'm afraid that I would have the same problem with the #32. The FIRSHes work fine with anything that uses standard cross-bolts, but the throw lever mount really needs a picatinny rail; I don't think the FIRSH is quite up to spec. Edited to add: I had the same problem when I tested my #19 ACOG mount on the FIRSH rail, so I don't think this was just a loose ARMS mount.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 8:58:37 AM EDT
I used the KAC adapter on my FIRSH for a while and the fit was perfect. I think I bought mine from Fulton Armory.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:20:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mark5pt56: One for sale on the EE, can't remember who though Mark
View Quote
That was me [bounce]. I have a NIB (still in sealed factory bag) KAC Bipod Adaptor (that I got from MSTN) for sale - $30, on the EE Board. I paid $36+shipping for it, will sell it for $30 SHIPPED!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:26:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2003 5:28:31 AM EDT by DaPhotoGuy]
Originally Posted By AK_Mike:
Originally Posted By mark5pt56: One for sale on the EE, can't remember who though Mark
View Quote
That was me [bounce]. I have a NIB (still in sealed factory bag) KAC Bipod Adaptor (that I got from MSTN) for sale - $30, on the EE Board. I paid $36+shipping for it, will sell it for $30 SHIPPED!
View Quote
That EE is hard to find things on. I did a search for the word BIPOD (before seeing your post here) and didn't find your posting. Went ahead and ordered from MSTN yesterday and it got here today already.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:59:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2003 9:49:12 AM EDT by AK_Mike]
No problem, you probably would not have saved more than a few bucks. I changed my ad and now it's up for sale on the accessories and misc. Still for sale at $30, and free shipping only to active Armed Forces, our boys need all the breaks they can get on equipment. I just scored a rail forend, I might have to end up keeping it anyways. Enjoy your unit, they are very well made! Edited to say, My unit is sold now, and I got to sell it to an active duty Marine in Iraq - cool!
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 11:35:40 PM EDT
Olympic has for sale a bipid mount with stud $35.00 [image]http://www.olyarms.com/images/bpm1.jpg[/image] mark
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:43:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By budam: Olympic has for sale a bipid mount with stud $35.00 mark
View Quote
Thanks Mark. I ended up going with the Knight's #98060 Bipod adapter. [img]http://members.cox.net/daphotoguy/DPMS_V.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:32:21 AM EDT
FWIW, I just got my ARMS #32 throw-lever harris bipod adapter from Steve @ ADCO, and it does work on all my FIRSHes. It is not tight enough that I would trust it for optics, but I think it is fine for a bipod. The Knight's adapter is probably better for use on a single gun, but I swap the bipod between 4 ARs, so I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:33:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By fizassist: FWIW, I just got my ARMS #32 throw-lever harris bipod adapter from Steve @ ADCO, and it does work on all my FIRSHes. It is not tight enough that I would trust it for optics, but I think it is fine for a bipod. The Knight's adapter is probably better for use on a single gun, but I swap the bipod between 4 ARs, so I'm happy with it.
View Quote
Yea, I was thinking of getting the #32. I love the ARMS stuff but sometimes the cost doesn't justify the benifit of the throw levers. I did get the #22 scope rings.
Top Top