Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/17/2003 6:17:19 PM EDT
Anyone have any info on the newest vortex? The G6 I guess. I believe I heard/reaad that it will serve as a QD plateform for a sound suppressor, is that true? And finally, what model is currently available for sale direct to Joe public?

Turning a postban project into a preban project.

thanks

ADH

PICS always appreciated
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:55:58 PM EDT
I had a G6 and sold it but I still have the Blank Firing adaptor for sale if you are interested they are $45-$50 new and I will sell for $30 shipped. [b] TO answer the question: No it is simply a fieldable FH that allows the military to use MILES and blanks with the blankfiring adaptor. I bet a suppressor could be made to mount to it but I don't think that was the original intention.[/b] It is (or seems to be) high toleranced and made of a very heat resistent steel and the forks would allow a point to keep the suppressor from spinning and the suppressor could probably mount to the BFA groove. But it would lack carbon scraping rings or a cam out system like the KAC mount and would probably bind the suppressor in the assembled position requiring a rubber hammer and vise to disslodge.
Top Top