Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/15/2003 9:59:09 PM EDT
How does the BATFe determine if a thing on the end of a barrel is a flash suppressor or a muzzle break/ compensator? Don't compensators like the Vais do some part in decreasing flash? Does a flash suppressor decrease recoil and muzzle rise? Just trying to understand the definitions a little more.
thanks

Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:22:23 PM EDT
anyone? anyone? anyone? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:32:49 PM EDT
They have equipment to measure muzzle flash.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:50:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2003 1:57:05 PM EDT by Duffy]
The A2 flash suppressor/compensator does both, it dissipate flash, while its bottom is closed, it vents gas upward to help keep the muzzle down. A device such as Phantom, Vortex, A1 birdcage suppressor only suppresses flash it does not decrease recoil or help with muzzle rise. A flash hider simply hides it from the shooter to preserve his night vision but not necessarily diminishes it, remember the cone-shaped hiders on WWII weapons... A brake helps in reducing the felt recoil. We can still see these in use on artilery. [img]fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m2_1.jpg[/img] From what I hear, many MiniY brake users feel like the above pic when they fire their weapons. [:d][:d][:d] I'm incomplete on any of these, please feel free to correct me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:06:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2003 2:07:07 PM EDT by Hoplophile]
Originally Posted By Duffy: From what I hear, many MiniY brake users feel like the above pic when they fire their weapons.
View Quote
No, the Mini-Y users don't feel that way, it's the guys on either side of them who feel that way. [cuss]
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:14:47 PM EDT
[rofl] I've been on the receiving end of many a Barret .50 rifle blast and concussion, to me it was kind of fun.
Top Top