Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/13/2003 9:39:49 AM EDT
I have a Bushmaster M4 A2 upper with mini Y-comp brake permanently attached. How do I tell if the barrel is threded and then the brake welded on? Or if it's just a crimped on brake? Any input greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:50:12 PM EDT
Bushmaster uses threaded barrels for their M4 assemblies. Mine is the same way, and I'm currently in the process of getting an A3 TacBrake from KKF.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:58:19 PM EDT
Kreutzberg, I thought Bushmaster welded their Y-comps onto the barrel so that we couldn't change them out for evil flash suppressors. E-95
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 7:06:17 PM EDT
I would imagine that the brake would need to be welded, silver soldered, or blind pinned on in order for the upper to be used on a post ban rifle.
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 9:19:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 12:18:01 PM EDT
I'm getting ready to order a 20" Bushmaster V-Match with a Y-Comp or a Mini Y-Comp. What is your opinions on these muzzle brakes?
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 12:39:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sims5: I'm getting ready to order a 20" Bushmaster V-Match with a Y-Comp or a Mini Y-Comp. What is your opinions on these muzzle brakes?
View Quote
As fas as working: They work great, you won't feel any recoil with an Hbar 20 inch upper. I have a 20 incher with their AK brake, and I've felt some .22's with more kick. The downfall of course will be the felt muzzle blast, which if I must say, if you can't handle it, don't get a brake or better yer, stick with a Ruger 10-22.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:07:35 PM EDT
[Monty Python Kniggets] Run Away! Run Away! [/Monty Python Kniggets]
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:13:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sims5: I'm getting ready to order a 20" Bushmaster V-Match with a Y-Comp or a Mini Y-Comp. What is your opinions on these muzzle brakes?
View Quote
Don't get either! I have a friend with a BM 16-inch barrel with a mini-y and no one wants to shoot next to him. The thing is VERY kloud compared to other brakes. I suggest getting the barrel without a brake then buying one from an outside source and have put on by a competent guunsmith. Just my two cents.
Top Top