Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/12/2003 9:21:30 AM EDT
Will Knight's quick release flash suppressor that is used with the SOCOM suppressor on the M4s take a bayonet like a stadard A2 birdcage?

Thanks

Scott
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:48:50 AM EDT
I have one on my M4.Although I dont have a bayonet to mount I dont see why it wouldnt fit. Jm03
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 10:02:54 AM EDT
They fit. I wouldn't want to put one on and run through a bayonet course though. The QD comp had carbon scraping grooves and they are very tightly toleranced. If you dinged a groove it might not work as well as designed. I would save that for emergency use only (as I really think should be the case with any bayo on an Ar/M16 the rifle isn't an M1 Garand.)
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 6:59:49 PM EDT
There's also the little issue of the length between the bayo lug & the groove on the FS that the handguard hangs on. The milspec bbl. length (14.5") is shorter than the legal limit. Unless you have an registered SBR w/ bbl. set @ that length, the distance between the lug & FS groove isn't likely to work correctly. That is, the rear of the bayo would mount w/ the lug, but the handguard-FS interfacing loop will just hang loosely on the bbl. Probably not the best setup.
Top Top