Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/11/2003 9:01:01 AM EDT
I have a flat top M4 type Bushmaster with an EOTech 552 and ARMS #40 BUIS. I want to mount a flashlight and possibly a vertical foregrip but I am not interested in a full rail system because of cost and because it seems to be overkill for what I need it to do. So my question for all you knowledgeable folks out there is what system would you recommend for mounting these accessories and what flashlight would you use? I would like a light that has a remote pressure switch. Any info would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 9:06:11 AM EDT
If cost is an issue, go with the FOBUS M33/M44 rail system or Busmaster's rail system. The get yourself a Surefire M962. Total cost around $400. Or, go with the rails and get a Streamlight M6. Total cost, around $400. Maybe $450. Okay maybe $500 but you'll be all set.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 10:22:35 AM EDT
The easiest "add-a-rail", and VFG, is from [url=advanced-armament.com/ar-15.html]Advanced Armament[/url]
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 11:42:49 AM EDT
M33 lower handguard only (use the standard CAR upper handguard). You may need to trip the tabs for clean fit - but they work well. Works fine for a foregrip and a light. I didn't care for the Advance Armament rail - too many accessories WON'T work with it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 12:34:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Forest: M33 lower handguard only (use the standard CAR upper handguard). You may need to trip the tabs for clean fit - but they work well. Works fine for a foregrip and a light. I didn't care for the Advance Armament rail - too many accessories WON'T work with it.
View Quote
Really? I have no problems with mine, although I havent attached much to it. What won't attach? I have this setup. Didnt cost a lot, and keeps the handguards free. [img]http://members.cox.net/ahaywood5785/pictures/MYAR-15.jpg[/img]
Top Top