Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2003 9:30:57 AM EDT
While surfing, I found this article and demo video on the new .26 Grendel.  The figures are a 120 grain bullet at 2600fps although barrel length for that velocity is not listed.

Here is a link to the article:
http://www.armedforcesjournal.com/blackwater/blackwater5.html#VARIATIONS

Here is the link to the video:
http://www.armedforcesjournal.com/blackwater/videos/Grendel.wmv
(6.1mb - .wmv format)
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Essentially it's a proprietary named cartridge that is nothing more than a 6.5mm PPC, but it should be quite a performer.    I have always been a fan of the PPC line of cartridges, they do pretty well with bullets in the 85-100grn weight range for 6-6.5mm diameters.    It's a seriously aerodynamic bullet that can be pushed to pretty respectable velocities yet not burn the crap out of a throat like one could expect a 243Winchester to do.

By the way, their .221 Grendel is said to be a 5.45x39mm only with a proprietary name slapped on it.

If both take off, let's hope that US companies begin offering factory loadable brass to make these things more viable.    Then let's all cross our fingers that the AW ban dies so that companies can start making QUALITY high cap mags for us rather than having to try to tune the old USA mags designed for 7.62x39mm cartridges.     The taper of the parent 7.62x39mm casings for these cartridges rules out using 5.56x45mm 30 round mags, after 3 maybe 4 cartridges they won't stack correctly or feed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
By the way, their .221 Grendel is said to be a 5.45x39mm only with a proprietary name slapped on it.
View Quote

You mean the .21 Ghengis.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, sorry.   Major brain fart, wanted to say Ghengis but screwed it up somewhere between my brain and my fingers.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top