Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2003 12:29:34 PM EDT
I put a PRI front sight on my Colt M4 16" barrel. Before it ran smooth with out any problems. After switching the front sight and installing a SIR 46M I am getting stove piping problems. The mags I was using worked great before the parts swap so I doubt its them. What should I do?? Thanks, bcr308
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 2:56:28 PM EDT
Have you checked for a gas leak?
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:06:53 PM EDT
I have no doubt that it is a mis-alighnment of the gas port and barrel, or some debri has some how partially gotten in there. Remove and try again. Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:35:25 PM EDT
Ditto on the mis-aligned gas port. I have had the same problem with Bushmaster barrels and the PRI front. Two were so severe that I had to ream one side of the gas port to regain function.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:36:10 PM EDT
Thanks for the advise I will try to run some thru it tomorrow. bcr308
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:18:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2003 7:20:14 PM EDT by militarymoron]
hi all, so what's the best way to ensure gas port alignment with a PRI, and if it needs reaming, i'm assuming you open up the port on the sight, not on the barrel? i had the same prob on a GG&G flip-up front which was installed by GG&G - it'd short stroke/stovepipe. sent it back and they took care if it and didn't have a single problem thereafter. thanks in advance, MM
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:18:10 PM EDT
One PRI I had was manufactured out of spec, I experienced almost no gas to cycle the bolt. Sent it back, and the replacement worked fine.
Top Top