Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2003 7:58:14 PM EDT
does anyone have any pics of the m4qd flash hider mounted on any rifles? I want to see what it looks like mounted on an m4 if possible...

thanks
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The "older" design looks nearly identical to the standard A2 model, though it is not. KAC recently updated the FS profile, supposedly performance is improved in both flash suppression & reduction of muzzle rise. Do a search under SHOT show & screen through pics (may take a while). I think it was KevinB who posted a photo of the newer style QDFS. Judging from the photo, the profile looked to be the same as the old, but the turbulence-generating slots at the muzzle seemed narrower (& therefore, more prolific) than the old A2-style design, & also appeared to have been machined to have a pitch (to generate additional turbulence?).
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is what I got.

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/054547.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/054548.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I meant a pic of a personal gun. I seen that pic already. Cant tell how long it is. Wanted to see how it looked from the side.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 12:15:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I was told it was... guy said it was like 1.8 inches in length.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 10:42:47 AM EDT
[#7]
The Gemtech FS can bring a 14.5" bbl. up to legal length.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#8]
can a bayonet be properly mounted with the gemtech?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:16:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
can a bayonet be properly mounted with the gemtech?
View Quote

Having never tried I can't answer authoritatively. Problem is, since the M9 bayonet is designed to fit a bbl. that is 14" overall in length (incl. the mounted FS), it still wouldn't work. The only way to own an AR w/ milspec bbl. length is to have it registered as an SBR. Not worth the time + $$$ + effort, IMO. If you can, go for the real deal & get a suppressor so you can enjoy the full functionality of the QDFS+suppressor unit. There's still some federal paperwork involved, but if you can get the CLEO signoff, it'd be well worth it.

Look at it this way: if you had to choose between 2 AR's, one w/ a bayonet mounted, the other a suppressor, which would you choose?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#10]
The answer is yes and no.  After discussing this with Gemtech it seems the Bilock we get as civilians is different than the Bilock used in the military trials.  The military version would mount the bayonet but the civilian versions lugs get in the way according to the people who I have talked to who have tried it.  I have the Bilock but a PRI front sight which of course has no lug for the bayonet.  The length of the Bilock has nothing to do with the bayonet mounting.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Check out the "CHOPPED DIETER GRIP" thread on this board.  Wes has one of the KAC QD's on his 10.5"  in the pics on that thread I think!  Don't have the link sorry!  Might be a page or so back.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#13]
any way for a civilian to get the military one? kinda like the way we do with the PEQs?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top