Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/2/2003 1:56:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2003 2:03:08 PM EDT by FishandShoot]
I decided to finally get on the bandwagon and become an EoTech user. Well, I have a blue label rifle, large hole, 20 inch A2 upper that I'm going to put a 552 on. Should I install a Flat top upper and or just go the BC-cam route?
Is their any benefit from mounting it directly to the reciver or carry handle?

a) $88 Flat top
$6 Offset Pin
$75 installation/headspace check(this is what my local smith charges)

b) $115 BC-cam mount

Price is not really a consideration
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:13:14 PM EDT
For better versatility, flat top is the way to go. I think a 20" rifle should have some magnified optics, so if you change your mind later on and get an ACOG TA31 or something it'll be right at home with the flat top with an ARMS 19S or Trijicon TA51 adapter.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:39:59 PM EDT
not knockin' the BC CAM, but my personal experience with any and all carry handle (dropdown) mounts makes me feel like i'm looking "through" a lot of clutter to see my target. at the same time, i run an Eotech between a fixed front sight and a GGG A2 BUIS and have no problems with fast sight acquisition (even with the BUIS up). with a BC CAM you've got the rear peep, the channel through the mount (even narrower than the carry handle of course), the EO reticle, the front sight, and eventually your target. that "tunnel" thru the CH is rough.... if money's no object get a flattop....although $75 to swap a receiver seems outrageous to me....
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:13:45 PM EDT
I agree $75 seems a little steep, I think I'll ask on Hometown board if someone can do it for less.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 11:16:08 AM EDT
You can easilly swap recievers yourself and no need to check headspace as long as the same barrel/bolt are used.
Top Top