Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2003 2:14:34 PM EDT
Ok guys have a question, Just bought a NIB RAS From a guy on ebay. I was very hesitant because I got the RAS for 20" rifle, ALL PANELS IN CASE AND FORWARD PISTOL GRIP FOR AN AMAZING Price.
Now I wandered about it being one for the Airsoft or whatever they are called. I saw a post to beware about it a few weeks ago but cant find it.
It Arrived today, (5 minutes ago) It looks perfect, all panels in carry case And all in plastic wrap.Vertical was inside stocks with 6 rib. On inside top of top rail hand guard it says,
Knights Armament
company
vero beach Fl.
9/98
to the right it has knights logo
to the left it has an areo that points "front"

There is a Barrel collar, which I believe is to adapt to A-1 Barrels, is this correct, I dont need for Armalite barrel?
ON BOTTOM Hand gaurd it has Knights armament Company and the Number 561-562-5697 (hard to read) phone # I assume.
Vertical forgrip and all panels read KAC (spelled out) and same #  ON HEAT SHIELD,
The airsoft version wouldnt have a heat shield would it?

DID i GET THE REAL THING HERE OR DOES IT SOUND LIKE IT? I CANT TRY IT ON MY ARMALITE UNTIL NEXT WEEK ITS DUE IN FROM BACK ORDER THEN,
It looks like the reaL thing as thick and rigid as it is.
help please.
chuck
PS I got no directions is there a download for this.
cp
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You lucky dog!  You got the real deal at a fantastic price!  You can find the installation instructions here:

[url]http://www.quarterbore.com/library/pdfindex.html[/url]

You will need Adobe Acrobat to open the pdf file.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
You got the fake thing, I'll buy it off you to alleviate your pain and suffering [;)]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Duffy
Damn man!! Dont do that, when I first read your opening I about crapped! I just got back from being out and its been bugging me to death.
I was about 95% sure I got the real thing but wanted to make sure. I saw Raptors post 2nd becuase my vision tunneled on the word FAKE in duffys post and I almost cried!!!
I cant believe it either, I forgot to mention I did have to pay shipping. I have never gotten this lucky on a purchase!
Sorry guys Ill be keeping it.
thanks guys
chuck
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:47:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ok guys have a question, Just bought a NIB RAS From a guy on ebay...There is a Barrel collar, which I believe is to adapt to A-1 Barrels, is this correct, ...DID i GET THE REAL THING HERE OR DOES IT SOUND LIKE IT? I CANT TRY IT ON MY ARMALITE UNTIL NEXT WEEK ITS DUE IN FROM BACK ORDER THEN,
cp
View Quote

eaglecp, our opinion (KAC's) is that you have the real deal here.  The fact that the "barrel collar" was in the handguard bandolier is the convincing element of you description.
This "collar" is actually called a Barrel Stop and serves to creat a shoulder for the subsequent attachment of the M203 Grenade Launcher that is equiped with our "QD" M203 Mount.  The stop is secured in place as the upper M5 RAS is installed.  What you bought is the M5 Military Pack-out.
Its my opinion that air-soft and other toy makers emulating real parts would have no reason to dublicate this military pack-out.  They make parts that attach to their toys, not complete NSN items like you bought.  For example, a Forward Pistol Grip toy copy can be detached from the host toy gun and passed off pretty easily as a real KAC grip.
The bad news is that we have only ever sold the Military Pack-out to the government.  And as far as I know, never sold the Barrel Stop as a separate piece for some one to assemble together with the other parts to emulate a M5 mil-pack.  Considering that dealer price for everything in the kit you bought on e-bay is way over $400.00, you surely bought something that once belonged to Uncle Sam.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:54:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Coldblue
I didnt know that about the barrel stop, I thought I read somewhere it was for retro-fitting to an A1 barrel due to diameter, However after looking at it carefully Your explanation is more feasable due to the fact that the arch is big enough to fit the heavier A2 profile just behind the front site before it tapers down under handgaurds.
I also didnt think it would be necessary for a toy maker to put a Heat shield on the bottom rail. That was one of the indicaters I had that it might be real, But I still wanted to ask.
We have M16A2's and M4s at my unit but the A2s have standard hand gaurds.
I didnt think this came from Uncle Sam because It does not have an NSN anywhere on it, I have never in 14 years of service in Army and Army Reserves and have never seen anything without an NSN on it.
Did they not put NSNs on these in 1998?
I REALLY Like this unit It appears rock solid. Now I just have to wait for My Armalite to arrive hopefully next week.
< edited> I Just re read your post Coldblue and saw you used the word we in explaining "KAC", So I guess Im talking to someone who knows, Thanks for your time. Did you guys put NSNs on them?
Thanks again to everyone My mind is at ease now.
Chuck
chuck
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah, so sowee eagle [:d]  You described it so well, and Rapter22 had already answered it so I was playing with you, though I can't use another one (already got 2 RAS M5 [:)])
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Duffy
Yea I know, But being able to get one at this price I dont think Ill ever let it go!!!
Ive been playing with it and thanks to Coldblue and the rest of you I feel really good and am glad I took the chance.
Thanks again all
as usual the info from you guys is awsome
thanks
chuck
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember to post pictures for the rest of us to enjoy too [:)]
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:28:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Coldblue
...I didnt think this came from Uncle Sam because It does not have an NSN anywhere on it, I have never in 14 years of service in Army and Army Reserves and have never seen anything without an NSN on it.
Did they not put NSNs on these in 1998?
--From ColdBlue.  We have never placed the NSN on any RAS.  Although I have seen NSN's on some weapon components, e.g., TVS-4 HMG Mount, maybe because the RAS is a NDI there is no need or requirement.  I have been surprised that the Army has not requested we put the Part Number on the RAS, as that's more common for gun parts.

I REALLY Like this unit It appears rock solid. Now I just have to wait for My Armalite to arrive hopefully next week.
< edited> I Just re read your post Coldblue and saw you used the word we in explaining "KAC", So I guess Im talking to someone who knows, Thanks for your time. Did you guys put NSNs on them?

--From CB, never put the NSN on.  I'm VP for Military Operations at KAC.

Thanks again to everyone My mind is at ease now.
Chuck
chuck
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks CB and to all others again.
I will post pics when I get it finished
chuck
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#11]
You got the real deal!  Sometimes you can get a great deal on eBay.  Your luck is a lot better than mine there!  I just got ripped off for $351.00 for a BM flat top complete upper.  The seller never had it and ran off with my money order!  Should have used Pay-Pal.  The bastard's name is Steve Lindsey from Canton, MS.  Watch out!

DG
OKC, OK
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#12]
DC
sorry to here that, that sucks, Ive been taken before as well for about $500.00  its never easy, but dont be fooled about paypal, they arent 100% either. I got stuck by them on the $500.00 thing buyer never sent the scope and paypal said I could could file a complaint, its been 3 years and Ive not heard anything.
PLUS paypal has and does make ANTI-GUN Contributions, sucks huh?
cp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top