Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2003 1:43:51 PM EDT
10 hits out of 15 shots at a 30" steel plate at 300 yards?  Rifle used for said shooting was a 16" Bushy Dissipator with a PRI front flip up sight and a cut carry handle (no optics of any sort were used).  Ammo used was Guatamalen military surplus ammo (m193 spec) bought from CIA awhile back.  There was a slight breeze and it was humid. So, does this suck or what?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty good.  You can probably outshoot the majority of the people on your block. [:)]

Earlier this spring I was shooting a standard IDPA target at 300 yards with a Bushy 14.4" 1:9 M4 profile barrel with standard A2 sights and shooting SA surplus ammo.  I think I averaged about a 93% hits within the cardboard.  Only about 40% of that was within the 0 zone.  It's hard as hell to see a target at 300 yards, much less hit it.

Link Posted: 7/31/2003 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Off hand? if so, you can out shoot me.
Prone? if so, I can out shoot you.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Off hand? if so, you can out shoot me.
Prone? if so, I can out shoot you.
View Quote

Mine was kneeling.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it was prone...Dang, then I need to work at it more.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#5]
You should be able to go 100% with your rifle.

But that's real good by most people's standards.

Remember:
1 Pressure on the forend will change POI (solution: simply rest the forend on your support hand (and don't pull the pistol grip down excessively) or buy a FF tube or RAS) this will kill you at 300yds.

2 keep your nose touching the charging handle or your shot groups will wander as your sight picture varies with different cheek welds. ALT solution: use a EO aimpoint or scope.

[b]Those are the two biggest things that totally screw people with AR's and M-16's at long range

Also Paint the plate so you can see where exactly your hits went (you could have a very nice group on the top or bottom edge of the plate and really shooting awesome but not realizing it.)[/b]

Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#6]
With a scope and bipod, my BM with JP upper will put 10 in 3" @ 300.  I have shot one 2-1/2" 10 shot group while doing ammo development.  Load was 69 SMK, 25.2 Varget, Win brass and SRP.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top