Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2003 11:00:29 AM EDT
Looking for the smallest Pelican case that will hold my Flat top 20", with a spare optics and a couple mags.

which Pelican model number, also what is the fair market price range on them, and who has the best deal.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Go with the Starlight SC-061352.

OD green/Black

$185 shipped in ConUS.Paypal 3% or MO

Plenty of room for 20" Flat top plus mags ,ammo,optics cleaning Gear,etc.
I carry my SPR in one.Great way to protect your investment.But its up to you.

Jm03
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The Pelican 1700 will require you to split the upper and lower, but will hold everything you need just fine.  If you want the rifle assembled, you have to go with the much longer 1750 case.

[url]www.cases4less.com[/url]

But take a good hard look at the Starlight cases first...
-Troy
View Quote

Have a link for Starlight cases? I want to carry the rifle assembled. But the 1750, which I already have for my 24" Varmit AR, is way too big.

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]www.starlightcases.com[/url]

My prices are mucher cheaper than MSRP.

Shoot me an email or IM if your interested.

Jm03
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 1750 that I use for for deer season.It is huge, I put 2 rifles, ammo, cleaning rod, slings, and some other small stuff. Thank God it has wheels. Way overkill for my AR.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:51:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I would suggest talking to Mr. John Braner(braner24 at mchsi.com), I got my Starlight case from him. He used to post in the EE, though I'm not sure if he still does. You can't go wrong with dealing with this guy, very professional.

I got my black Starlight SC061338 from him. I can carry my M4 and CAR15 together with my AR15A3 rifle beneath them. The only problem I had is that I stripped out the little pressure release valve when I tightened it down too much :(
Oh well, I'll probably just seal it shut with silicone since I never submerge it in water and I have desicant material in the case.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:04:24 AM EDT
[#8]
[url]http://www.snipercountry.com/forsale/Display_Message.asp?Message=0000007754.txt[/url]

Starlight is having a Sale. $120+$20 S&H.

I've got two on the way.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:07:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Einrich-  thanks for the kind words.

The Sale going on at Sniper Country is a heck of a deal.I think they are Cabela Cases.

If you can get them at that price you better jump on it while you can.

Thanks,

Jm03
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#10]
He'd probably already out of the ones from July 9th.   They truely were production over runs, the cases are marked "cabelas" if that says anything.

I ordered 2 that very day I saw the ad, I regularly check the Emporium over there to not let any deals pass by.  I got 2 of the 52 inch cases, crikies do I have a lot of space.    In one case I have my accurized AR15 in all of it's 48 inches long 15 pound unloaded glory on the bottom bunk and then on the top bunk I have my Remington 700 PSS, plus room left over for optics as well as a few spare mags and ammo.    In my 2nd case I have my 20inch AR15 on the bottom bunk with spare mags and ammo then on the top bunk I have my 20inch AR10 A4 with room for optics and spare mags/ammo.

I'll have to get a picture up for these cases.

They are HUGE cases though, I drive an extended cab Ranger and the cases have to go in the bed of the truck as they won't fit across the back of my truck between the fold down seats.

The mid sized case in that ad might be just perfect for an AR15 if the rifle was broken down.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top