Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2003 6:54:45 AM EDT
Please see post count prior to responding!!

OK, got your kid gloves on?  I will be ordering  a K1 16" flat top upper from Oly Arms to sit atop a complete Bushmaster lower (maybe a question for a second post: "Should I?  Any problems with this?")and would like to dress it in green furniture.  RRA has green CAR length guards for $18 or A4 car length heat sheilded for $43 (black only, damn), then Cavalry has something like 4 possibilites for CAR, C4, M4, carbine, 16", etc, etc, etc.  What is the difference and what do I need?  Also, I want a stock grip in green.  Will RRAs green grip match Cav's green handguards?  I should have picked up needlepoint....
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
My CavArms OD C1 buttstock is a near match to my USGI OD A2 pistol grip, my RRA OD A2 buttstock is slightly darker than the CavArms C1. I would recommend the Cav Arms furniture.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I got my OD furnature from CMMG.  Outstanding workmanship and fit flawlessly!

DG
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Mix and match of handguards and other non weapon functional parts is fine. To mix brands of uppers and lowers is not a matter of color, who cares, it's a matter of tolerances. The tolerances from one maker to the other vary greatly and the upper and lowers are prone to cause malfunctions. You get no warrantee as there is no way to decide who is wrong, you are the one that is now stuck with the mis match and prone malfunction grief.
Jack
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#4]
While problems with uppers and lowers can have tolerance issues, a lot of people have done it and not have any problems whatsoever, myself included.  If the upper you want is brand new from Olympic, it should have no problems.  in the past, oly has had a lot of fitting and tolerance issues which have been greatly improved in the past couple of years.  The recent Oly's have been, for the most part, extremely well made and within tolerances of normal specs.

As far as grips and stocks, if you like the ergo grip over the standard A2 (some folks do)  go with a complete stock set from CavArms.  places like Coal Creek Armory 0 [url]http://www.coalcreekarmory.com[/url] ) or Adrenaline Arms ( [url]http://www.adrenalinearms.com/[/url] ) mighht give you a package deal on athe whole set if you call and ask.

As far as CavArms handguards, the C4 is the M4 and the 16" is the carbine (not as tall in profile as the C4/M4) so there are really only two options there.  It all depends on personal taste, but the C4 is suppposed to aid in cooling duce to the special way the heatshields are configured.  they are supposed to be better than the Colt made M4 handguards with double heatshields that many say trap heat against the barrel instead of venting it faster as the CAVArms ones do.

I remember reading that the RRA stuff is supposed to match Armalite green furniture.  I am not sure, but I think I heard that from Pete ( [url]http://www.ar15sales.com[/url] ) you could call and ask him as well just to confirm that and ask if they match the CavArms stuff as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top