Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Hello.  Thanks for responding.  The cost of the upper receiver that I purchased was approximately $900.  The upper included the 16 heavy barrel and flutting to the barrel, the BMAS carbine length 4 rail handguard, the front flip sight, the rear ARMS #40 flip sight, 12 suregrips for the rails on the handguard, and a complete bolt and carrier assembly.  Without the rear sight and the bolt and carrier assembly it is about 200 dollars less.  The main thing to keep in mind when you are buying a rifle is that you should not compromise on any aspect of the rifle.  If you do, you will never be satisfied with what you got and you will wish you had payed the higher price for what you really wanted in the first place.  Its the old saying "You get what you pay for".  Just save up is all I can tell you.  Thanks for responding to my post.  Take care.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with Space... don't compromise... save and build what you truly desire.  I used to have a generic non-chrome lined 16 inch preban M4 upper that I had M33 handguards on and thought it was bad ass... Well, I finally dumped it and got what I truly wanted.

Essential Arms preban lower
Magpul stock with sling mount
Preban Bushmaster M4 14.5 inch 1/9 twist chrome lined barrel and upper with enhanced bolt
Arms 40
GG&G flip up front sight
KAC M4 RAS and verticle grip
Tactical sling
GG&G Dovetail mount for Streamlight
Hogue grip
Aimpoint Comp M2 (which has been moved further forward per Lumpy and Troy's suggestions)
Aimpoint QRP which may be rplaced by a KAC mount that I have on order

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=16461[/img]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top