Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2003 7:23:46 PM EDT
I hate you all!  But for $250 I got a like new in box unit with all three panels and a KAC verticle grip shipped.

Now, I just need to figure out how to slap this puppy on when it arrives...  I am technically and mechanically challenged.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Jiggling the locking tab down into the barrel nut is the only tricky part.  I can do, so you can to.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Mr. RAS is the first to post... how did I know?

Seriously was going to IM you before jumping and saying yes, but I thought the price was too good to risk it being bought while I waited to hear from you.

Did I do good on the price?  I think so, but don;t follow the market all that closely.  I bought from this seller before and he has given me good deals in the past.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats a good deal for a like new one.  NIB usually runs just a hair under $300 most places, substantially higher other places.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, but they don't come with a verticle grip do they?
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Ooooo...I need to read closer

Added value my friend...thats about $45.

You did REAL good then.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:35:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Tape up your delta ring, to help avoid scratching. Get the "fork" on the upper part to hang down as far as possible, and wedge the RAS under the front handguard cap, make sure the "fork" drops under the barrel nut, and retract the delta ring. Install the screw into the "fork" and tighten it up to the barrel nut. The bottom part is easier than regular HG's.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#7]
HR,

Quarterbore has the RAS installation instructions in PDF format at:

[url]http://www.quarterbore.com/library/pdf_files/kac_ras_inst.pdf[/url]
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome guys, thanks for the assist.  Seller shippd it this morning...  Now I just need the upper to come back from Kurt's...  Guy I bought it from sent it out for a phantom installation on the 14.5 inch barrel.  Should have it in a couple of weeks... God willing!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Pics when it all gets back home [:D]
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:25:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Jiggling the locking tab down into the barrel nut is the only tricky part.  I can do, so you can to.
View Quote

Lumpy is correct.  However, also remove the 1/8" allen screw from the locking tab so it literally hangs down as far as possible.  Re-install screw just "firmly" do not over-tighten, after delta ring slips over the rear of the RAS.  I like to do this (light screw tightening) AFTER I install the lower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top