Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2003 4:59:21 PM EDT
Hey guys, just thought I'd give a report on the new trigger I installed on my Bushmaster.

The original trigger felt like pulling a log out from under a brushpile, so I knew I needed to do something.

I tried the "15 minute trigger job", much better, but still creepy.

Decided to blow ten bucks on some JP lightweight springs. That improved it considerably more and I thought I could live with that.

At the range however a guy had a RRA carbine that had a two stage trigger. I tried it and decided that I wasn't where I wanted to be yet.

I had thought that I wanted a single stage, but after trying his I decided to go with a two stage.

I had heard several reports of RRA trigger changing over time. Since there's no adjustments there's not much you can do.

I found a Jewell trigger on Ebay and went for it ($156).

It's not the simplest thing in the world to install, but if you read the directions (several times) before installing, it's a piece of cake.

The Jewell trigger is FINE! MUCH better than the stock. You can adjust the 1st and 2nd stage pull as well as the sear engagment and overtravel. The first stage is adjusted by moving the leg of the trigger spring into different teeth in a gearlike device and the other adjustments are via set screws. All easily accessible from the top of the upper.

I was a bit concerned about the settings loosening up, but I don't think the gear thingy can slip, and the set screws all have those nylon insert things so that they stay where you put them.

So far, it is holding its setting perfectly. I do keep the old trigger parts in the buttstock. I figure if I ever did get into a SHTF situation I could swap out the old trigger in a few minutes no problem.

Not sure if this helps anyone, but wanted to give something back to the board.

Ed
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 11:31:29 PM EDT
Thanks for the info.
Top Top