Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/15/2003 8:02:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/15/2003 8:51:35 AM EDT by the1_roadrunner]
I have seen posts here referring to "Preban Uppers" There is likely an obvious answer but it's not clear to me. All is understood as to what constitutes a preban lower receiver (serial numbers), but what constitutes a "preban upper"? That is, if it's an upper receiver assembly without barrel, what component within an upper assembly would be considered preban? Thanks for any clarification.
--RR

PS: if it's an upper including barrel with bayo lugs, flash hider etc... I understand why it's preban and maybe that's the answer to my question, but would appreciate clarification.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 8:55:08 AM EDT
Your "PS" hit it right on the head. The "Evil Assualt Weapon Ban of 1994" outlined those features, among others as being "Bad". Either a flash hider and/or a bayonet lug on an upper constitutes a "Pre-Ban" Assault Weapon and may not be legally assembled on a post ban lower. More info would probably be in the legal section.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 8:57:00 AM EDT
Don't forget the grenade launcher!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 9:58:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By William_lxix: Your "PS" hit it right on the head. The "Evil Assualt Weapon Ban of 1994" outlined those features, among others as being "Bad". Either a flash hider and/or a bayonet lug on an upper constitutes a "Pre-Ban" Assault Weapon and may not be legally assembled on a post ban lower. More info would probably be in the legal section.
View Quote
Ok, yeah, I was thinking of only the actual "upper receiver" assembly being referred to as preban and it didn't make sense. Thanks for the clarification --RR
Top Top