Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2003 8:51:02 PM EDT
I thought I would give this builder a chance,turned out to be a TOTAL NIGHTMARE!! I purchased a CAR Preban upper from (FREEDOM ENTERPRISES,also known by NOVELTY WAREHOUSE INC.Ordered the CAR upper after many emails asking all of the questions about barrel,gas set-up,etc.I was promiced that I would Love what I recieved,at my door,(FRIDAY LATE AFTERNOON),excitedly,I opened the box.At first glance,looks ok,but as I start really looking at the Upper,I find where someone had used a pry device inserted thru the Flash Hider,flaring out one of the slits(5 1/2")BM type,also a differant Color than the rest of the Upper. Then while looking thru the barrel,I see what I think is a gob of grease.I use my cleaning rod,with a brush on the end,it doesn't go away,TURNS OUT TO BE A (HUGE HOLE IN THE BARREL(F/GAS),first drilled slightly off center,then widened until it was centered).I immediately called these builders,sent it back.I decieded that I don't want to deal with these people,and call right back w/the message that I do Not want a Replacement,just a Refund.Today,Monday I spoke to Janet,1 of the owners,or whatever.She looses it on me when I say don't send me another,tells me (YOU FUCKED IT UP)!every other word was fuck.Refused me a Refund,even though THEIR AD states 3 DAY return,have put in a DISPUTE w/my Bank.Do yourself a Big favor,stick w/someone you know,and trust.This was a Major screw up on my part for even giving them a chance.Of course there will be people that have recieved a FINE product,just NOT me,the way Janet talked to me was plain Ignorant!I was told by 1 of their Employees they have been having ALOT of RETURNS.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know these people in mention, but I've been down that road before. People like that give AR related weapons a bad name.

Report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Good Luck,

ls
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:28:54 AM EDT
[#2]
That sucks. I hope it all works out for you. Just curious, how much research did you do on this company? Did you happen to ask for advice on this site? I find a wealth of information on this site which helps me tremendously.  Good luck. [):)]
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:03:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Man... nothing sucks worse than waiting for a new toy and discovering some company has put the screws to you...

Look at this as a live and learn... you mentioned dispute, so you used a CC... good move... Let your CC company deal with the morons, send the upper back and start researching here on ARFcom... Trying to save a few bucks on an upper just isn't worth it.  Stick with the known manufacturers/builders using quality, not the guys offering the deals with the Chinese or FN parts.

Hopefully your CC company resolves the issue quickly...
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:07:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Guys,I did research,but NOT enough,I sent it Back immediately,and my Biggest Mistake was not using the Knowledge stored Right on the Site,(AR15.com).I will get my money back,and my next choice will be with the Help of this Group..Again,thanks..tom (they were somewhat like other people we know,changing the Policy in Mid stream)

THE BITCH KEPT SAYING(I'M NOT WALMART-PROBLY LOOKS LIKE IT THOUGH)EDITED BECAUSE I'M PISSED.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#5]
If you'd really done any research you'd limit yourself to either Colt's or Bushmaster parts  to include complete upper receivers.  I do have one (1) ArmaLite upper receiver, but it has a Bushmaster lightweight Dissipator barrel on it.

Trying to save a few bucks often ends like this.  Wasn't the name [i]Novelty Warehouse[/i] any sort of tip off ? [;)]

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 10:39:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I wasn't really trying to save Bucks,as this Upper cost(without Bolt/Carrier/CH)shipped $371,these people do alot of work for Police,etc.They knew all of the correct things to tell me,IT WAS JUST THE PRODUCT THAT SUCKED!!!I decieded that if I am going to buy another preban flat top upper,I'm going w/people I know.You should have seen the GAS hole,unbelieveable!! If they would have just gave me my requested Refund,none of this would be happening,but after trying to return for a Refund,on the Same day as recieveing,and getting the shit I got from them,(IT WAS MY SWORN DUTY TO LET MY AR15.COM KNOW)

P.S. THE NAME WAS (FREEDOM ENTERPRISES)on the GunAmerica ad..Only after I recieved the product did  Novelty Warehouse pop up on the UPS label..A SHAM all the way..
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 1:11:07 AM EDT
[#7]
WOW

Tough break, I imagine your CC will help you out though.

I’m with Chuck on this one. I’ve had my own encounters so I’m just sticking to what I know works well for me, Colt and Bushmaster. I’ve had some work done by Specialized Armament in the past, they’re defiantly not the cheapest shop out there but I’m a firm believer that you get what you pay for and I have never had problem one with any work they have done, 100%. This little hobby of ours is too expensive to be playing with questionable parts and dealing with half rate chop shops. I’ll make sure and steer clear of them. Hope the next one works out better for you.

Best Regards, J
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks JTR,I have Bushy Upper,Bushy Shorty AK type,COLT HBAR,OLY SGW(from STOKES),w/BM Upper on it.OH,I agree,I should have just bought a Bushmaster,BUT,I have had problems w/Bushy products,the Front sight being Torqued on too tight and the Color being more Purple than Black,thus the Front site being cocked off to 1 side,I recieved a COLT barrel,that shot 5 or 6 ft to the right.THE 1 THING THOUGH THAT IS DIFFERANT,they (COLT & BM) replaced the units without going Crazy on me,and quickly.)I also bought 1 of BM's Preban M17 BULLPUPS,after sending it back 2x's for not feeding,I talked to the Big Honcho at BM,for $150 he sent me their NEW just off the line Shorty w/Ak brake,which I still have,and is 1 of my Favorite AR's.Once again,BM didn't give me a Hard Time,but worked out a deal I was totally happy with.I also like DPMS,COLT,BM,Armalite,(I just screwed up trying someone I didn't know).I'm getting my $$$ back,just talked to the Bank,No Problem!!Then I will deciede whom to give my money to.I like the new A4 Uppers,w/a HBAR barrel,in Preban style. P.S.Thanks for all of your INPUT.Appreciated!

edit:THESE SLOBS DON'T KNOW IT,BUT I USED MY DEBIT CARD,THEY THINK THEY CAN FIGHT A CC COMP.,BUT MY BANK IS A DIFFERANT ANIMAL..WILL KEEP YOU POSTED. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT AND BACKING.P.S.THEIR SALES ARE OFF SHARPLY.HMMMM
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry to hear about your trouble - hopefully the cc company will straighten them out.  

The quality of the RRA stuff that Pete from New Hamphire (Legal Transfers, LLC) has been selling is quite impressive.  Pete's customer service is totally amazing.  On top of that he is a site sponsor - it is always good to patronize sponsors of this site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top