Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2003 8:20:44 PM EDT
What is this? Is there a link to whom is developing this?
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 5:02:25 AM EDT
[#1]
The RROC is a redesigned flattop upper reciever/gas system for the M4. It uses an M14 type gas piston and a SKS type operating rod to help eliminate carbon blowback and buidup in the bolt/carrier/upper reciever area. The bolt/carrier have been redesigned with a peciprocating weight and and a polyurethane pad to further buffer recoil/slow cyclic rate. The buffer/tube have been redesigned along with a O-ring pad to further slow cyclic rate(around 600-800 rpm?) and tame recoil. The M4 barrel has a heatsink built into it to help cooling. Also a new enhanced muzzle brake/FS is added to the bbl(looks badass). The one i saw in some mag had
came with a free float rail system with KAC rail covers. They burned something like 7000 rounds thru it with out malfunction. They also did a Full auto 16(480rds) round mag dump quick as possible on 30rd bursts without a hiccup!

It is still in developement and is going to go for around $1000-2000 range.

I would be VERY INTRESTED in aquiring one in the near future for a new M4 project.

edited to add: I heard from some board members the inventor won't be making them and is going to sell the rights to some big name AR manufacturers?

Link Posted: 7/11/2003 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#2]
[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/rroc.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 8:46:52 AM EDT
[#3]
WHo makes the RROC sound suppressor?

What are it's specs (what DB reduction and what was it built to withstand as far as ROF)?

Is it availible for sale?

Link Posted: 7/11/2003 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Arrrghh!
Hey SMG Lee, where did you get your hands on those wonderful toys???
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Iron,

those are not my, photo taken by someone at an Army sniper competition.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#6]
And I thought it was another shining example of SMGLee's ability to aquire everything and anything under the sun....and in Commiefornia![;)]

Yes and I heard that they were under evaluation by the Army. What was their take on the system?
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#7]
The people I spoke to really like the RROC, it is just a bit front end heavy.  The RROC guys have not found a manufacture facility that can tool up and produce the upper yet, so the price of the upper is extremely high due to hand assembly and manufacturing.  

This is just a personal observation from a friend in the field i know pretty well, he staed the RROC have not meet all the SOPMOD2 requirements, this might be adapted by some special units, but mostly LEO and civilain market will be their biggest targets.  some what in line with the ZM weapon system but with more ptoentials.  

I did not ask any questions, I just sat there and listened.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#8]
RROC Contact info for those that are interested:

Advanced Device Design
(RROC Conversion)
433 E. Mckinley St.
Dept GW/LE
Tempe, AZ 85261
(480) 945 4950
email:
[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top