Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2003 9:59:29 AM EDT
Anyone tried one of these? Diamond Series Milled Receiver.

Thanks

Tim
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh forgot tomention they are avail from SOCOM Mfg.  

Thinking about one for an M4 project.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Gotta agree with Troy, but need to add that they are sweet!  I have not built one myself, but have handled a few.  They are one fine piece of work and rock solid.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea, I was considering the weight issue and I'm glad my suppositions were confirmed.  I suppose I could get one for my varminter and build the M4 from the BM lower...HMMMM
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Other things about the Blue Diamond SOCCOM lowers that make them less than ideal for your project:

1)they have a few semi-sharp/pointy corners on them.  Not the best for rolling in the mud and grime with.

2) The receiver is extra thick in several places and this means that the hammer pin does not come all the way to the outside of the receiver, so that if it walks you can't just jab it back into place with your finger as the pin ends are recessed.

3)the front takedown pin ears are also oversized and I had to grind mine down just a tiny bit to get the end of the Armalite free float tube to clear them.

My copy is from the first 100 run so these issues may have been changed on newer receivers.

The quality on these receivers is very high.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 8:04:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I did my first build on one of the Socom receivers.  It was very easy and the receiver is excellent.  It comes with two set screws to adjust the trigger so that any AR trigger works well in it.  It has an adjustment screw to tighten to fit of the lower to the upper. In a couple of places it uses set screws for springs and the bolt catch pin.  The only thing I had to do on mine was fit the bolt catch to the reciever as it was too tight and did not always hold open the bolt on the last round.  I plan on using the reciever as an action shooting rifle (such as 3 gun matches etc).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top