Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/10/2003 8:00:10 AM EDT
I was thinking about getting one of when I build up my first AR. Can a person fit an ciener 22 conversion in the buttstock? It is a little lighter than both a standard A2 and even an A1? Strength should be high because it is glass filled nylon? Due to similar materials, the same could be said for the rest of CavArms furniture and the TD grip, correct?

I know that troy has C1 buttstocks on all his fixed stock ARs. What do you think of them Troy?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:41:45 AM EDT
I placed an order for a C1 stock from Treetop, I got it in two days, excellent service. As far as the stock is concern, I love the feel of it, the shorter stock had the perfect pull for my size (5'8", 200lbs). I figure why didn't i do this earlier. The craftsmenship on the stock is not as nice as the factory A2 stock, I can see mold marks and the butt pad is a very thin rubber material that I feel it will not live up to any heavy use(I may be wrong). I replaced the butt pad with the A2 butt pad and all is well. The A2 butt pad did not fit perfectly around the contour of the C1 stock, but it is good enough it does not rub or scratch my face mounting or coming off with my rifle. I like my rifle looking good, but looking perfect is gay, so this little blemish is no big deal. If you like I can take some pictures of it post them.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 10:49:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/10/2003 10:52:03 AM EDT by 123whisper]
Originally Posted By SMGLee: The craftsmenship on the stock is not as nice as the factory A2 stock, I can see mold marks and the butt pad is a very thin rubber material that I feel it will not live up to any heavy use(I may be wrong). I replaced the butt pad with the A2 butt pad and all is well. The A2 butt pad did not fit perfectly around the contour of the C1 stock, but it is good enough it does not rub or scratch my face mounting or coming off with my rifle. I like my rifle looking good, but looking perfect is gay, so this little blemish is no big deal. If you like I can take some pictures of it post them.
View Quote
How hard of use does it have to stand up to in Airsoft?[;)] Yeah, pictures would be great! What about a comparision of the "thin rubber buttplate" and the A2 buttplate? Is the C1 storage compartment SOOO much bigger than the A2 that the A2 trapdoor doesn't match up well? Or is that a problem? Is the A2 buttplate/C1 buttstock matchup something that could be blended with sand paper? Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 11:21:31 AM EDT
I love my C1.As SMGLee said, it's a pefect length.Lots of storage space, too.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 12:27:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 12:43:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/10/2003 12:44:59 PM EDT by SteveinAz]
I had similar problems with fit, but being a picky bastard, I sent mine back--and I was quickly refunded, no questions asked. Adrenaline Arms stands behind their product. I will make these observations: The additional storage space is nice, as is the reduced weight. You'll probably want to shit-can the buttplate that comes with it, and use your A2 plate. I'm sure you could sand the buttplate for a [i]perfect[/i] match, but I found my A2 plate fit to be as good as the stock buttstock. The fit concerns are where the stock meets the lower receiver, and again let me say that I am picky. I just didn't feel the quality was on-par with Cav Arms handguards--which are the best made, anywhere by anyone IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 2:08:50 PM EDT
The ONLY thing I don't like about the C1 stock is that it doesn't match up perfectly on the bottom where it meets the lower. The stock hangs down about 1/16". But this is a mere gripe, and I much prefer the C1 stock over the old USGI fiberglass A1 stocks, and certainly over the too-long A2 stocks
View Quote
I never noticed this.I do have a Fobus G27 grip on my AR so that may hide the flaw.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 6:16:07 AM EDT
Thanks! Looks like I will be getting one!
Top Top