Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2003 6:44:26 PM EDT
Is it okay to swap out charging handles and bolt carriers between uppers? What problems could arise?

Thanks

CRC
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:23:36 AM EDT
[#1]
CH is fine , BC MAY cause headspacing issues.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
CH is fine , BC MAY cause headspacing issues.
View Quote

CH is no problem and the bolt carrier {i]should[/i] be no problem.  The real thing is make sure that you get a new bolt head.

But the main thing is,if you have the money for a new upper, save one more week and get a separate bolt carrier and bolt head.  Do it right the first time and you won't have to deal with any problems.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks

CRC
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 5:48:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Troy: what's the best way to test headspace?  What tools or gauges would I need?
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:02:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Now that I think about it , Troy , that makes sense. [:)]

Quoted:
Troy: what's the best way to test headspace?  What tools or gauges would I need?
View Quote

Headspace guages
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top