Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2003 9:24:46 AM EDT
OK, I purchased a Kurt's Fake Flash Suppressor to replace the muzzle brake on my Colt MT6400C upper. I was under the (mistaken) impression that the end of the barrel was threaded and the brake was screwed on and pinned. Well I removed the pins holding on the brake and it just slid off.

My next preference given the circumstances is to have one of Pete's press on FFS he uses on his RRA uppers. Does anyone know if this will fit?

Any other suggestions?

BTW, who wants a KK FFS cheap?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#1]
the RRA press on fake hider is not specific to Pete in NH - i believe it is done at the factory, and they reduce the OD of the end of the barrel to jam the thing on and keep the size looking right. i don't think the RRA thing is available aftermarket.

i would send the upper to mike ([email protected]) at ohio rapid fire or steve at adco ([email protected]) to have the KKF FFS installed w/barrel threading, pin, and weld.

Link Posted: 7/6/2003 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Kurt can do the RRA type thing if you want. For the 6400c, I beleive it is the best set up.

What do yo have? Brake or fake flash hider? Describe it for me. Long or short.
GG
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I currently have the factory installed Miculek (sp?) brake on it. I'm not a big fan of brakes. I use to have an RRA upper on a Bushy lower from Pete with the pressed on FFS. I really liked that setup.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not send the upper to Kurt and let him mount it properly?
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Well it seems that may be the proper solution. The main problem for me is Kurt's turn around time as I use my carbine in 3-gun competition.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://www.thearmsroom.com.futuresite.register.com/_wsn/page2.html[/url]
Lee Hadaway from over at the Shotgun forum can do the job right
and has fast turn around...
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#7]
9divdoc,

Thanks for the suggestion. However, upper is already on it's way to Kurt. I don't have a lot of time right now to reseach this as I'll be incommunicato shortly for more than a week.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#8]
[img]http://www.sogarmory.com/ProductImages/1040_3.jpg[/img]

[url]http://www.sogarmory.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=101455[/url]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll post a review next week of Kurt's work on my upper (I'll be out of town for a week). But I wanted to say that he's got awesome customer service. My upper is already on it's way back!!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll post a review next week of Kurt's work on my upper (I'll be out of town for a week). But I wanted to say that he's got awesome customer service. My upper is already on it's way back!!!
View Quote

Kurt is the best! Enjoy the A3 Tac Brake, I have one on my Colt M4 barrel and it is great! Hopefully next year I can replace it with a Phantom....it will go back to KKF for the work.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:10:08 AM EDT
[#11]
So how did it turn out?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:24:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Great! Shoots like a dream. Looks great. Couldn't be happier. [:D]

Thanks for asking and thanks again to Kurt!
[beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top