Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2003 8:22:32 AM EDT
I know, I know, size isn't everything. But the stock on my CAR SP1 lower seems too short sometimes, even with a slip-on 1" buttpad.

Do any aftermarket stocks offer a longer length of pull?

I did a search and couldn't find any info here.

Thanks in advance,
Joe
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:54:49 AM EDT
[#1]
MAGPUL MSS stock has the longest pull, at the full extension, it is longer then a A2 full stock.

check out the MSS stock thread, you can get in topuch with Richard, he is an good guy to deal with.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=163688[/url]

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#2]
The RRA 6 pos stock is longer than my A2 stock when fully extended.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#3]
The longest stock yet is the Colt ACR buttstock/buffer tube combination. It extends almost 2 inches longer then an A2 buttstock. If I remember right, the buffer tube has seven adjustable positions.

BTW, the ACR stock assembly are rare and fetch $400 plus price tag.

ls
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#4]
ACR www.bordermansports.com $550

RRA with a Buttpad.

I don't know why you would want any longer (I am 6 ft 2 inches tall and I use the first postition on a COlt Tube or I have trouble with touching my nose to the charging handle).

Those other 3-5 positions are not used on my guns.

I know that the A2's have a long stock but when I shoot them I have to turn my non-shooting shoulder into the target and I like to keep my body aligned with the target for a more "forward and mobile" approach that is a lot more comfortable when shooting on the move.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys. I had been eyeing the RRA stock.

I can't really say that my current stock has been a detriment to my shooting, but quite often it just doesn't "feel" right.

Greeno,
  I'm only 6', but it sounds like your stance is a bit more squared to the target that mine. My stance is an aggresive forward stance, similar to what is known as a "forward bow" stance in karate.

Thanks again,
Joe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top