Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/1/2003 8:22:32 AM EDT
I know, I know, size isn't everything. But the stock on my CAR SP1 lower seems too short sometimes, even with a slip-on 1" buttpad.

Do any aftermarket stocks offer a longer length of pull?

I did a search and couldn't find any info here.

Thanks in advance,
Joe
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:54:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/1/2003 8:55:40 AM EDT by SMGLee]
MAGPUL MSS stock has the longest pull, at the full extension, it is longer then a A2 full stock. check out the MSS stock thread, you can get in topuch with Richard, he is an good guy to deal with. [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=163688[/url]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:33:26 AM EDT
The RRA 6 pos stock is longer than my A2 stock when fully extended.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:46:16 AM EDT
The longest stock yet is the Colt ACR buttstock/buffer tube combination. It extends almost 2 inches longer then an A2 buttstock. If I remember right, the buffer tube has seven adjustable positions. BTW, the ACR stock assembly are rare and fetch $400 plus price tag. ls
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:52:17 AM EDT
ACR www.bordermansports.com $550 RRA with a Buttpad. I don't know why you would want any longer (I am 6 ft 2 inches tall and I use the first postition on a COlt Tube or I have trouble with touching my nose to the charging handle). Those other 3-5 positions are not used on my guns. I know that the A2's have a long stock but when I shoot them I have to turn my non-shooting shoulder into the target and I like to keep my body aligned with the target for a more "forward and mobile" approach that is a lot more comfortable when shooting on the move.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:26:08 AM EDT
Thanks for the info guys. I had been eyeing the RRA stock. I can't really say that my current stock has been a detriment to my shooting, but quite often it just doesn't "feel" right. Greeno, I'm only 6', but it sounds like your stance is a bit more squared to the target that mine. My stance is an aggresive forward stance, similar to what is known as a "forward bow" stance in karate. Thanks again, Joe
Top Top