Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2003 4:39:55 AM EDT
Which is the best design to go with? The Clubfoot or the Standard. This is what it will be going on. Colt leightweight Preban with a Colt M4 16" upper w/ SIR 45M and Aimpoint setup. I just cant decide which to get. I have the Colt current M4 4 position right now. Thanks for the input.

Is the Clubfoot controls easy to operate as the standard? Such as can you pull it out and collapse it fast?

I will sell my Colt M4 for $55.00 shipped. I will take paypal or MO.

Thats for the plastic part only.

bcr308
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:53:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I think its a decision based on your shooting style.  If you shoot mostly from the bench over sand bags, oor from the prone supported position (i.e., bipod) the Clubfoot may be more to your liking if you support the toe of the stock with your support hand like I tend to do.  However, if you shoot mostly from the standing, kneeling, or sitting positions, as in hunting, the Standard stock is all you need.
Other than that, its all looks, because they both have the identical cheekpieces.
ColdBlue sends...
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:21:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the clubfoot when the rifle is resting on a bag or bipod, in the absence of one on a standard A2 stock I'd grasp the rear sling swivel and the sling.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:26:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is the Clubfoot controls easy to operate as the standard? Such as can you pull it out and collapse it fast?

bcr308
View Quote

I prefer the latch on the clubfoot... I find it easy to use, simple and out of the way.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#4]
You can ask for the clubfoot latch on your standard stock. that is what I did. I heard theere is only a limited number fo the butterfly latch made for the club foot, if you hurry, you might be able to get it the way you like.

[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/guns/m4mre-1.jpg[/img]

My M4 are mainly shot from standing or kneeling.  I did not feel the need for the Club foot, besides, I like the look of the standard much better.  Got to tell you, the cheek weld is awesome.  one of the best investment I made on my M4.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Got to tell you, the cheek weld is awesome.  one of the best investment I made on my M4.  
View Quote

Just had a chance to check out the whole line for a review... I have to agree, the hold and feel are super! I was told that the standard is available with the butterfly latch... I picked the clubfoot for the latch and other reasons. Shouldering a rifle with a regular M4 stock now feels just wrong!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#6]
SMGLee who makes the Pic rails in front of your FF RAS?  Very nice setup! [:)]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
SMGLee who makes the Pic rails in front of your FF RAS?  Very nice setup! [:)]
View Quote

DUFFY,
Those are called MRE made by KAC.  Originally asked for be the Seals I think.  Modular rail extension(?) also nicknamed "more real estate".  Very nice rifle I must agree!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Just had a chance to check out the whole line for a review...
View Quote

What do you mean, "review"?

Are you a gun writer? If so, what magazine will the review be in?

ls
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#9]
LordStoner -- IM for you...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm gonna get an M4 FF MRE RAS from Wes, I'll be eating top ramen for a few weeks but I always get my toys [:d]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish I could post a picture.  Instead of the MRE I went with the Daniel Defense 9.5FSP.  It is a Midlenght tube with a cut out on top for the front sight.  I have room for a vert grip, an space for "normal gripping" and enough room to mount my Harris Bi Pod.  I put PRI front sight on and it looks like it grew there. It perfectly fills the entire cut out but does not touch the forend.  Its a little more subtle than the MRE.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My M4 are mainly shot from standing or kneeling.  I did not feel the need for the Club foot, besides, I like the look of the standard much better.
View Quote

Exactly- On my carbines, my left hand is on the handguard or front vertical grip.  No bipod, no need for the clubfoot.  I too think the club foot is ugly, but for practicality it would be great in a varmint or SPR type role.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
NOODLES ARE GOOD FOR YOU!

WES
View Quote

Especially at 6 for a dollar!  [BD]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I use a Bipod on my M4 (mounted with an ARMS throwlever)

That bi-pod notch isn't absolutely neccassary but the stock holding technique is a must for serious acccuracy work so I would say it can't hurt.

I switched from a Aimpoint and M900 to a Bi-pod and ACOG and my groups shrank from 2.5inches to 1/2MOA.

(I use a CRANE stock and I found that I could easily adjust elevation by simply sliding my hand forward and backward along the angled surface at the bottom of the stock --- this wouldn't work with a clubfoot)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top