Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/23/2003 8:08:15 PM EDT
Checkout www.ultramag50.com its a new mag fed .50 BMG AR upper
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:48:50 PM EDT
Pretty cool, thanks for the update [:)] [img]www.ultramag50.com/ultramag50upperside.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:58:38 PM EDT
The SPR Killer! [img]http://www.ultramag50.com/frontpage.jpg[/img] PS- Duffy, I can see you owning one soon...
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:09:14 PM EDT
Interesting.... VERY interesting. Will the ATF allow that? I mean, I thought a "receiver" is something that can hold a magazine????? (Sorry)
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:26:02 PM EDT
RE: Kaliburz - Remember that on the original AR10's it was the upper that was the serial numbered part... But Seriously - this thing needs a much longer barrel. - 18 Inches - Hell my 223 has 20" - Get real - it needs 24-28" just to make use of a BMG's case capacity. - I'd like to see a night shot with out that "Break" - can you say SuperNova!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:16:11 PM EDT
Holy shit! Wouldn't that thing beat the shit out of those two dinky receiver pins? [noclue] For anyone who is thinking about it, no your collapsible stock won't be a good idea with that mofo. Not unless you don't mind the self collapsing feature during recoil. You would save money with this thing in ammo consumption, because I doubt you could get thru 20 rounds without seriously regretting it. Or, is that componsator, "...that good?" I agree that the barrel should be longer. The added weight alone would be a plus. Flute it if you're a glutton for punishment. -Steve
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:58:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/24/2003 6:05:05 AM EDT by tokarev]
The recoil is very light for a .50 bmg upper - really - the muzzle brake is very effective at its job. As far as the pins go its best to have a tight fitting pins. Any play between upper and lower can be fixed with a accuwegde thats properly installed.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:35:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ProfGAB101: RE: Kaliburz - Remember that on the original AR10's it was the upper that was the serial numbered part... But Seriously - this thing needs a much longer barrel. - 18 Inches - Hell my 223 has 20" - Get real - it needs 24-28" just to make use of a BMG's case capacity. - I'd like to see a night shot with out that "Break" - can you say SuperNova!
View Quote
Nope, don't remember that..... not old enough. [:D] But still, I was under the impression that what part that accepted the magazine was classified as the frame/receiver and required the SN? Oh well.... hopefully I'm wrong.
Top Top