Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2003 7:06:55 PM EDT
I posted this question in the Cav Arms forum, but haven't received a response yet.  Does anyone know if the Cav Arms lower will withstand the recoil from a .50 Beowulf upper?  I've got other aluminum lowers that I can use if this is a problem.  

Anyone have any experience using the combo above?

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The lower does not sustain much force at all.  I am fairly certain "Troy" has stated that as fact -- in relation to discussions about cast vs. forged lowers.  I will not quote him, but you might IM him with your question.

So long as the buffer assembly is the same as a regular AR you should have ZERO issues.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:00:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  I wasn't sure if the same applied to the CavArms lower since the buffer tube is an integral part of the lower receiver.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Troy, thanks for the info.  I wasn't really concerned about the cost of replacing my lower (although I may send it in and exchange it for one of the new MkII lowers if they offer that service), I just wanted to make sure the receiver wouldn't snap or split open and send a bolt flying through my head.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I knew Troy had that answer somewhere else.  It all sounds familiar.

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:31:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone know if the Cav Arms lower will withstand the recoil from a .50 Beowulf upper? I've got other aluminum lowers that I can use if this is a problem.

I had an ALS .50 BMG conversion on a Cav Arms lower and it held up quite well to THAT level of recoil, so the .50 Beowulf won't be a problem.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#8]
It certainly doesn't prove anything, but FWIW I noticed that the "ghosted" lower in the pictures of the AA .50 Beowulf upper on the Cabela's website appears to be a CavArms lower.  I just thought that was interesting...
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:52:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the clarification.  Just to stay on the safe side, I'll use the Cav lower for my .223 and 9mm uppers and keep the Beowulf on my aluminum receivers.  No need to risk damaging a product by using it in a way for which it wasn't intended.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top