Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 11:56:05 AM EDT
If this has been covered before, please forgive me. I have a Bushy with a chrome lined barrel and Wolf is no problem....people say it may not work reliably in standard chromoly barrels...how about SS barrels.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:53:39 PM EDT
It seems that for the vast majority of AR owners including myself, Wolf is quite reliable. Some occaisional FTF etc. Some rifles just don't like it. Do a search on the topic, there is always a Wolf debate somewhere on this site!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:55:26 PM EDT
I have good luck with it in my chrome lined barrels, I just don't know if it would be as reliable in a SS barrel...maybe it makes no difference????
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:01:05 PM EDT
Any more help? Not questioning Wolf, but the combination of Wolf in Stainless as opposed to chrome lined barrels. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:27:07 PM EDT
I have shot Wolf in a Stainless Mini14 and had good results. But I don't believe I would care to fire it in my ARs, strictly because of the lacquer. The Mini14 can be forced open more easily than an AR, not that I have had too. But it is in the back of my mind when I do shoot Wolf ammo. The lacquer melting during rapid fire and sticking a case ain't a fun thing to happen. As far as accuracy out of the stainless Ruger barrel, it wasn't anything to write home about or nothing to complain about either.
Top Top