Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/15/2003 2:58:04 PM EDT
If and when I build my M4 with RAS do I need to "connect" the upper with the barrel/RAS with a rail? Doing so with an FF RAS would seem to be counter productive.

TS
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 5:07:11 PM EDT
I would'nt! Especially if your freefloating. If you want to free float and have a "bridge rail" between the upper rec. rails and the forend then just get the RAS II. Otherwise you will be spending money on a long rail that you really don't need unless perhaps your worried aoubt bbl. sag from full auto use. Don't get me wrong, the ARMS mod 38xl is cool but not a must have for semi use. FF RAS is plenty strong on it's own. So is RAS. And so is RAS II! Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 5:52:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:10:57 PM EDT
Thanks Troy. What I want to do is attach my EOTech a little farther forward than it will go on the flat top. It's a AA version and with it deployed all the way forward on the flat top I can't change batteries without removing my sight. I also have an M3 light I'd like to attach and most likely a forefrip due to a problem from a fractured risk. I saw a thread "Is a RIS strong enough?" and wondered if adding a RAS was worth the trouble and/or if it needed to be "bridged". Thanks again, TS
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:43:19 PM EDT
Didn't I just see this topic in another forum?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:00:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Phil_A_Steen: Didn't I just see this topic in another forum?
View Quote
Yes, you did and there's an explanation why as well. TS
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:42:50 AM EDT
Does anyone have a photo of the new URX rails? IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:09:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By IPSC_GUY: Does anyone have a photo of the new URX rails? IPSC_GUY sends
View Quote
When the photo server is back up, [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=150857&w=searchPop]THIS thread[/url] will have pics.
Top Top