Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2003 8:22:04 AM EDT
I did a search on "barrel" and did not find what I was looking for in the 30 days of search available.  If this has been covered already and I missed it, please direct me to the proper threads.  I would appreciate it.

I have a Colt HBAR II with 11K through it.  It does not have a muzzle brake, which I like for some things.  I have been considering either getting a new barrel and adding a muzzle brake, getting an M4 barrel, or getting an entire new upper.  I can afford to purchase another full upper with bolt and carrier if not striving for high dollar match gear.  The new barrel or upper is going to be for shooting at 100 yards and less, mostly plinking and fun blasting.  

I see various makes and models of barrels/uppers being advertised.  My question to y'all pertains to warnings.  Are there any particular makes or models that I should avoid purchasing?  Are there after market or original versions that are particularly good values for their prices?  Once I have some idea of what I need to avoid, what might be a good value, then I can start shopping for what will meet my needs at the most reasonable prices.

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top