Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/10/2003 5:02:47 AM EDT
Does anyone out there have a pic of the RRA muzzle break for post ban uppers? If so could you post it? Also, how is this different from a flash suppressor and is this accessory legal? Thanks,
L'man
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:27:07 AM EDT
Pic from Legal Transfers, aka Pete-in-NH [img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=1363[/img] This is the Faux A2 type, not a muzzle break and does not function at all, just has the look of a pre-ban. Check w/ Donnie here at [url]www.sableco.net[/url] or Pete @ LT in the EE, either will build ya an upper, w/ any MB ya like... Mike
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:03:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/10/2003 7:06:05 AM EDT by libertyman777]
any MB ya like
View Quote
So...none of them function in any way? Do they have an adverse effect on accuracy? Thanks, L'man [marines]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:17:04 AM EDT
No, as far as it looks to me, there is no positive/negative effect on accuracy. The muzzle device is just a sleeve (which looks like an A2 flash suppressor) on the end of a concave-crowned muzzle. Besides giving the look of a preban, it does also help protect the muzzle from damage. -Zmeja
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:09:41 AM EDT
What about this RRA MB? Bottm right corner of picture. [img]http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/barrelassembly.gif[/img] Last time I checked they said the ATF was in the process of approving it...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:22:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/10/2003 1:23:40 PM EDT by Strazz]
The LE Brake has been approved for a while. Here's mine: [IMG]http://plaza.ufl.edu/strazz/lebrake.jpeg[/IMG] I like it. It kills muzzle rise really well and it's not too loud. Not bad for a $40 extra!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:23:18 PM EDT
I know ive seen this question answered here before, but failed to save it... Does anyone know what the best technique is to remove the press on RRA FP?? Could you either post the answer or IM me with it, Im about to install a rail system and need to pull the FS to get the front sight and barrel nut off... thanks
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:42:40 PM EDT
They have a number of muzzle brakes available. They have the LE Comp, as pictured above. They have a brake similiar to the Wilson that they call their "military-style_ brake, and the have the pressed-on fake suppressor that's on their M4 profiled barrels that don't have either of the other two. I think they have another that's pending ATFE approval as well. Sluggo
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:39:29 PM EDT
I wasn't sure where to go with their military-style brake or the LE model. Both Robert and Donnie (SableCO) recommended the LE Comp, and sothe deal was done.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:35:11 AM EDT
Anybody have a pic of the military brake? L'man[50]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:52:56 AM EDT
Strazz's LE Brake surprised the both of us! We noticed that although the concussion wave was more prevalent, the sound increase was negligible. Even though the concussion was strong, it didn't feel any stronger than a short barreled .45 auto pistol. We were both surprised at how it decreased muzzle rise while maintaining the same decibel level! My RRA has the faux flash hider and the nice thing about it is that you actually have a 16" barrel as opposed to a 14.5" barrel. Of course this is only a true benefit if you're concerned about bullet velocity. B9
Top Top