Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2003 10:18:59 AM EDT
I have an eagle arms lower, a bushmaster heavy bbl dissipator bbl on a bushy flat-top upper. I bought the mid-length FIRSH hoping for a workable platform for a light and vert foregrip...it was a bit of work getting it setup and...

I have decided that the FIRSH is wide as hell and very prone to snagging on stuff...

Looking for suggestions on the best way to resolve....

1) mounting an aimpoint on the flat top upper so it is in line with convetional fron sight tower and a cut down standard removable handle A2 sight. Would prefer a goose neck if there is one that is solid. I'd also like quick release mounts.

2) how do I get free float, with the option to add a light and / or vert handgrip while still keeping the grip slim and low snag?

3) Opinions on the redi-mag device....

4) best collapsible buttstock (I want STRONG).

thanks for any help provided.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:30:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/9/2003 10:32:09 AM EDT by 123whisper]
collaspible buttstocks are all going to have about the same strength, being mounted on similar carbine buffer tubes. Just don't get some cast chinese pos and it will be pretty much the same as the rest. Now, if you are wanting an aimpoint, get a colt carbine buffer tube, and then the vltor modstock. Battery storage, with great cheek weld and the same collasiblity. I don't think I have heard anyone say anything bad about them. Too bad I will have to wait until sept after next to find out personally.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:58:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:05:18 AM EDT
Well, the new ARMS #59 SIR is lightwight, slim, and isn't prone to snagging, hehe. But they're expensive, and you have to buy the ARMS #40 rear sight, which, IMO, is the best BUIS out there. Well, that's what I'd do, at least. OR you can always drop your regular handguards back on there, and run one of the AAC or other bolt on rails to your lower handguard. It's a cheap, easy way to run a vert grip without all the troubles of adding a full blown rail sytem. As far as a gooseneck, ARMS, GG&G, and Knight's all make a rugged unit. The ARMS is the newest and the more modular rig, as you can later take the gooseneck off and have a regular #22M68 if you decide to get a new rail system. As far as stocks go, get a VLTOR, Magpul, or Crane. Those are listed in the order of the least to most expensive. I prefer the Crane, only because I like the "feel" and the aesthetics more, but that's just me. It's also $500 for the stock w/o a tube, sooo... Anyhoo, hope this helps! -Cap'n
Top Top