Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2003 7:09:49 AM EDT
Wanted to get some opinions on what the optimal choice would be for a SWAT rifle. I have heard nothing but good stuff about bushmaster. I know their equipment seems to be good and reliable. I have a dealer trying to sell me an olympic. I have no doubt that an olympic would be a good rifle. My question is, will it be as reliable and durable as the bushmaster. Any replies and comments are appreciated.
Don Moore
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:12:14 AM EDT
If you are going to be using this for duty I'd definitely go with the Bushmaster. They have more configurations geared towards LEO and most importantly chrome-lined barrels. Find a dealer that sells Bushmaster or check out the Equipment Exchange.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:01:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:56:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By CMMG: We carry DPMS LE M4 rifles which feature chrome lined barrels. If this is a department purchase, let me know and I'll work up a dept price and give you safe, full or burst options on the fire controls. Jeff You know you are really tormenting us poor civilians with this! We are seeing used AR's with bayo lugs and colapsible stocks going for $2000 these days. Man to be able to have a new AR with 3-round burst, that would be KEWL! And for under $1000 too. When I have my own country.......
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:41:54 PM EDT
bushmaster. oly might have a flood or one of there fires and lose your stuff.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:54:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BillSP1:
Originally Posted By CMMG: We carry DPMS LE M4 rifles which feature chrome lined barrels. If this is a department purchase, let me know and I'll work up a dept price and give you safe, full or burst options on the fire controls. Jeff You know you are really tormenting us poor civilians with this! We are seeing used AR's with bayo lugs and colapsible stocks going for $2000 these days. Man to be able to have a new AR with 3-round burst, that would be KEWL! And for under $1000 too. When I have my own country.......
View Quote
Right on!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:02:32 PM EDT
Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:08:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2003 12:55:26 AM EDT by budam]
Originally Posted By camwfo: Wanted to get some opinions on what the optimal choice would be for a SWAT rifle. I have heard nothing but good stuff about bushmaster. I know their equipment seems to be good and reliable. I have a dealer trying to sell me an olympic. I have no doubt that an olympic would be a good rifle. My question is, will it be as reliable and durable as the bushmaster. Any replies and comments are appreciated. Don Moore
View Quote
If you clean a gun like you should, then either one will work fine. You get a lifetime warrenty on the Oly and a 1 year warrenty for BM...
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:02:34 AM EDT
I would second or third Bushmaster, although I also have an Oly PCR 4 that is extremely accurate. The Oly barrels, while not chrome lined are very accurate. The Oly has been 100% reliable, but boy is it nose heavy. That 20 inch Stainless Steel barrel weighs a ton. Hmmmm, nice Citabria. I'm going to get my tailwheel sign-off in one of those.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:40:44 AM EDT
Well if it's nose heavy just put more weight in the back and the front end won't be so heavy right ? ! :) :) :)
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:01:38 PM EDT
My first AR was an Armalite NM. Beautiful gun, shoots extremely well, made me fall in love with AR's. When I went looking for a second AR, I could not find any Armalites anywhere. One shop I was in had a BM Dissipator. I bought it with thoughts that it would be a 'knockaround gun', what with the short barrel and such. Well, when I shot it, I found that it was almost as accurate at the NM. I have picked up several more BM's over the years. All are of fine quality, and I have never had a problem of any kind. I also purchased an Olympic Arms AR a few years ago. There were mismatched screws in the butt stock, and I was under-whelmed with overall quality. I won't be buying another Oly. Last year, I bought a DPMS Lo-Pro. It is shorter and lighter than my BM's, and it works, fine, too, although it is a bit less accurate than the BM's. I would say that you can't go wrong with a Bushmaster. Good Luck. S4F [sniper]
Top Top