Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2003 5:35:23 PM EDT
got this in on a trade what is it worth? its a large hole slick side preban upper a1 colt.good condition
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Just the upper?  or the whole ILLGAL IN CA rifle?
It is the pre-ban LOWER that is valuable.  Without knowing anything else about your rifle (condition is everything) it is hard to place a value on it.

A whole Colt pre-ban 20" rifle in 95% contition is worth perhaps $1400 as long as it is all original.  Others will have various estimates, but when I see someone selling one for $1600 they usually have it for a good long time unless it is some "special model".   I bought a perfectly functional Colt SP1 (colapsible stock, 16" brl)in about 80% condition for a grand last year.  It has parkerizing wear, but is 100% reliable shooter. This appears to have been a bit of a deal, but that was my offer (from an individual, not a gun shop).
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
its just the upper no bolt carrier or charging handle
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
its just the upper no bolt carrier or charging handle
View Quote

Here in Georgia, $200-$250, depending on the condition of the exterior finish.  Bought a complete barrelled upper assy a few months ago, at a gun show, from a dealer, for $325, including bolt,carrier, and charging handle;  all Colt.  99% finish, and throat measured to new spec.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top