Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 11:01:07 AM EDT
What is this best AR for abour 1000 or under or slightly over, highly upgradable, accurate, durable, and will cycle cheap ammo? I was looking at Rock River, buit i havent really seen any prcies, any info will help,
thanks
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:41:15 AM EDT
Troy's AR [url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=163620]Brand Comparison[/url] Chart.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:50:03 AM EDT
Save up $200 to $300 more and get a preban colt sporter. It's worth it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:57:41 AM EDT
you have just asked the most biased question in the world. The price you list will buy almost any brand gun. Bushmaster is the best. GG
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:47:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/24/2003 7:48:27 PM EDT by tooly]
Originally Posted By notack: Troy's AR [url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=163620]Brand Comparison[/url] Chart.
View Quote
that f#ckin' chart is not up to date!!! p.s troy thanks for hittin' me back [;D] ARMALITE...
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:09:14 AM EDT
mine.......[:D]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:34:29 PM EDT
Support your Regional Company! East Coast fellas have a lot of good makers, you know who they are. MidWest: The Quad Cities have a pile of things going on in the midwest. If you are a ill'noid, why not get a RRA or Armalite? They are in our backyard, as are some of the top accuracy smiths. Wisconsin... well, we make some barrels and triggers, you know. Pacific North West have some companies that represent. SouthWest... well, there are at least a lot of guy who do good custom work to make up for you-know. South- I have more than a few really fine pistols made by Southern gunsmiths. I know I'm leaving a lot out. My point is, I guess, support your local economy! Pete p.s.- Minnesota has both JP and Hesse. Go figure.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:30:29 PM EDT
I believe the question needs to be more specific. *What is the rifle for? *Do you intend to mount optical sights? *What barrel length do you want? *Do you have a warranty preference? *How much accuracy do you want? *Are you going to take care of it or abuse it? There are many more questions to be asked before you can answer which manufacturer is best.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:06:54 PM EDT
well, he is right, i should give more info on what ill will be doing with it, well i will be using it for cyote hunting and target shooting, I will maybe do small local competitions, and I will be mounting red dot optics, lights, foregrips, ect..., this is going to be a shorter range weapon for me, maybe within say? 400yards. I dont want a really long barel on this rifle, i will still want to shoot with iron sights though, of course i would prefer a lifetime warranty, and there will be little abouse on this rifle, but i dont want no peice of glass that happens to fire a projectile though either, because i will use this for hunting that may jar it around a little, And i went to the gunshop today and i looked at a eagle arms, and i like it cause it will turn in to a flattop and it was a nice sixe and everything, it had 2 mags and a quick exchande for $899, I liked the gun, and it is made in Il and that is were i lived oh yeah, accuracy, i dont have to have a match rifle but, I do want a moderate level of accuracy. Thanx for all the help I will be attending a match this july to try a Cmp ar-15 and compete with it, i was told to try it to see if i even like Ar's.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:47:45 AM EDT
Get a Rock River Arms if you want a new rifle. Otherwise go with a Preban Colt. I used to recommend Bushmaster until I learned they don't care about fighting the new AWB bill coming down the pipes. They only want your money, they don't care about your rights.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:45:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By STxDR: Get a Rock River Arms if you want a new rifle. Otherwise go with a Preban Colt. I used to recommend Bushmaster until I learned they don't care about fighting the new AWB bill coming down the pipes. They only want your money, they don't care about your rights.
View Quote
OH BOY, you're gonna start a shit-storm with that post! Actually, you should probably read this [url=http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=28&t=140436]thread[/url] in it's entirety before you get flamed to a pile of ashes. You've been warned! [}:D] Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:06:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:25:08 AM EDT
Rock River Arms, shooting results: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=161267&w=activePop[/url] Mike
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:53:50 AM EDT
Bushmaster is the closest to mil spec if that is important to you. I have always bought Bushmaster and been very happy.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:09:23 PM EDT
well it seems a bushmaster is the popular choice, how much will a bushmaster run me? and if they have one with a detachable handle, how much?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:18:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:18:49 PM EDT
You do know that you will need one of each brand eventually, right? ;) I have had a fine Olympic, RRA, Colt, and have a few in the works that need uppers. The Armalite you mentioned sounds like a fine choice, and the price seems reasonable from what I've seen. I doubt you would regret the Armalite. I don't think having a Lifetime Warranty would be all bad either, even if you never have to use it :)
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:55:35 PM EDT
Buy a lower.This is the only part you will have to pay tax on. Stripped and you assemble it, or complete pick your flavor.Stock of choice,grip of choice,bolt release, etc.No waste buy what YOU want. There are only a handfull of people doing the forging/casting of these parts and the "manufacturer" puts his name on it.Major "manufacturers" are going to complete the forgings on state of the art CNC equipment,probably using the same control program.Colt,Bushmaster,RRA,Olympic,Armalite,DPMS I don't think there is a nickels worth of difference in any of them.Pick the brand(read customer service) you want to align yourself with and get it. That being said assembled lowers (RRA in particular with N.M. trigger) are a good value. Now that you have your lower you can pour over these pages until you decide EXACTLY how you want YOUR upper(s) to be set up.This is where you will spend your money.Shipped straight to your doorstep no taxation. By doing this you don't end up with a pile of pull-off parts that you dont need/want that you paid for. For custom RRA uppers I recommend Steve@Adco firearms. YMMV
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:30:43 PM EDT
well assembling i have thought about but i simply dont have enough experience with rifles to order what i need. OK, i need do get this strait, Eagle arms is a division of Armalite, is this correct? and if so were can i find out info on customer service and if they have a lifetime warranty?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:42:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:57:01 PM EDT
anybody know how much the bushmaster carbon 15 will cost, or should i stay away from that?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:30:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:54:22 PM EDT
I just want to echo the importance of what Aimless said. If you decide on a Bushmaster (which is my recommendation, by the way) do not, I repeat DO NOT, get the mini-y comp. It is disgustingly loud and you will hate it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:02:39 PM EDT
Armalite without any doubt. Checkout Quantico arms you should be able to get a very nice AR for under a $1000 In your hands. I got my M-15 A4 from Quantico with detachable carry handle and front site as well as a scope mount for $950 out the door. Plus I got a cool T-shirt for free.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:15:50 PM EDT
BUSHMASTER
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:52:30 PM EDT
well I called the shop i usually go to and they want $879 for a Bushmaster A3 16in. Carbine, but I am having trouble finding a price on the Rock River Arms Entry Tactical, does anyone have an idea on what they cost? Is that a good price on that Bushmaster?
Top Top