Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 5:51:51 PM EDT
Why are muzzle brakes that are 22mm in dia. for pre-ban rifles and the same muzzle brake in a slightly larger dia., legal for Post ban rifles. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:17:40 PM EDT
22mm allows the use of rifle grenades, hence they are a grenade launcher which is one of the banned features.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:10:43 PM EDT
How is the muzzle brake used, in launching a rifle grenade?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:06:08 PM EDT
The NATO standard muzzle device is 22mm so that a NATO standard rifle grenade can be slipped over the muzzle. Some require blanks, others use a bullet trap, and can be fired by live rounds. All just slip over the muzzle if it's got a NATO standard 22mm muzzle device. Basically, you slip the grenade over the muzzle, switch to a high pressure blank round if your grenade design requires it, sight, and fire the rifle to launch the grenade. Pretty basic stuff.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:53:02 PM EDT
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:04:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Hoplophile: 22mm allows the use of rifle grenades, hence they are a grenade launcher which is one of the banned features.
View Quote
That's right and if you have a postban gun you can't launch the cheap rifle grenades Wal-Mart red tags after hunting season. Damn, the lefties make us safer.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:11:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ipschoser1:
Originally Posted By Hoplophile: 22mm allows the use of rifle grenades, hence they are a grenade launcher which is one of the banned features.
View Quote
That's right and if you have a postban gun you can't launch the cheap rifle grenades Wal-Mart red tags after hunting season. Damn, the lefties make us safer.
View Quote
Yeah, I picked up a palette of those at Sam's Club. I was so bummed that I can't use them on my postban. [>(]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:47:17 PM EDT
You can buy dummy grenades at some army surplus stores, still looking for blanks for my yugo sks first.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:17:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/24/2003 10:18:03 PM EDT by Shadowblade]
Actually, dummy grenades might be kind of fun - if anti-climatic... I might look into getting some.
Top Top