Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2003 12:54:03 PM EDT
I recently acquired one as a gift and I would like to hear from you guys about this model.  Let me know what you think...
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, if you don't like it, I would always like a nice gift...[;)]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster makes a great rifle.  Can't tell you about your specific one as ALL Bushmasters are XM-15s... [;)]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
So what Forest and Troy(and the rest of us) are asking, is for more information. A1?,A2?,A3? 20" barrel? 16"?,14.5"?HBAR? M4? does it have an A2 stock, or a "M4" type? or an ARFX?
We're here to help, we just need details.[smoke]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#5]
go shoot it

i am sure you will love it
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#6]
They suck! I mean it, they are awful. I hate to do it, but as I am feeling nice, I will take it off your hands for next to nothing. Really, I'm not kidding, I will take it!

Ps: Don't buy any crappy steel mags off e-bay, go to the equipment exchange here and buy only USGI mags. Keep her wet with CLP and you will love her.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I am already learning!!  It is a 20" with an attached carry handle.  The stock is the 'standard' type (a non-telescoping).  I am not sure how to tell whether its an A2, A3, etc...  

Sorry guys, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to ARs.  I had my mind set on an AK varient due to a lack of $$, but now that I have been given this I need as much info as possible.  

Thanks for the help....   03Mav
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#8]
If it has a detachable carry handle (two big knobs on the left side), then it is an A3.  If not, is most likely an A2.  If it has a fixed (non-detachable) carry handle with NO elevation adjustment for the rear sight, then it is an A1.

Any other info you need: JUST ASK

BTW: Don't worry about a thing (since it's a Bushmaster), just go shoot and enjoy it!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:38:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like a standard 20" A2 HBAR.  Nice shooting rifles, just a tad heavy.

They also have a DCM rifle that visually is nearly identical.  Its just a lot heavier (lead weight in the stock), with a nicer trigger and more accurate barrel (which is free floated).  If the rifle is ridiculously heavy then chances are its a DCM model for High Power competition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top