Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/19/2003 5:36:04 AM EDT
HELLO, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET WHAT I CALL "STREET LEGAL" PRE-BAN SEMI-AUTO LOWER RECIEVERS? JUST GOT OFF THE HORN WITH THE LOCAL ATF AGENT, HE SAID WHAT I FIGURE EVERYONE ELSE ALREADY KNOWS, TO FALL WITHIN THE LAW, FOR ASSAULT RIFLES, A PRE-BAN RECIEVER IS NEEDED TO MAKE ANY NEW PRE-BAN KIT LEGAL. I WANT/NEED ONE OR TWO ASAP. I DON'T WANT TO SAW-OFF THE BAYO LUG, LOSE THE 3 WAY COLLAPSABLE STOCK, REMOVE THE THREADED END OF THE BARREL, ETC. THANKS, RANDY
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:40:37 AM EDT
... Easy, look in the [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=21]Equipment Exchange[/url] AR15 Complete Firearms & Lower Receivers.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:10:28 AM EDT
I am hoping that if the assault ban sunsets in 2004 then "preban" terminology will be a thing of the past. Something to consider. Not sure how that will work if the law sunsets.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:18:42 PM EDT
If you do find one with a preban serial number, just make sure that it either left the factory as a complete rifle, or was assembled as a complete rifle before the ban went into effect. If it was still unbuilt when the law incepted, then it's a post ban, no matter when it left the factory. Ahhhh, the crap we law abiding shooters have to put up with[;D]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:31:16 AM EDT
THANKS FOR THE REPLIES, I'M HOPING THE ATF, OR WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE LETS THE "ASSAULT RIFLE" BAN RETREAT INTO HISTORY WHEN IT'S REIGN OF TERROR COMES TO A MERCIFUL END. THEN ALL THOSE WITH "PRE-BAN" STUFF FOR SALE AT INFLATED PRICES WILL BE IN THE SAME BOAT, MORE OR LESS WITH THE REST OF US. JUST CHECKED-OUT A 1993 COLT H-BAR COMPLETE PRE-BAN. ONLY $1800.00! IT CAN STAY ON THE SHELF FOR ALL I CARE, ALL THAT MONEY FOR A BAYO LUG AND FLASH SUPPRESSOR? NOT ME!
Top Top